The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wheelies!

4thStroke

Not quite, but people got a good chuckle at the front end lift and rear end squat during this run.

I was pretty happy with the result. The RS dynod 450+whp, my car dynod 410whp (same dyno). He jumped. My car started breaking up towards the top of 3rd.

As we rolled up side by side, some guy to my left makes the comment, "oh yeah, this is going to be a good race," in a sarcastic tone. What a douche.

click

Last edited:

Diego

that is awesome... why was his start so much more, or were you giving him a fair chance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

4thStroke

Nope, back on pump. Tired of breakin parts and the 70 mile round trip for E.

I was just tryin to get the pace down, its easy to gauge how the outcome as long as the pace is on. I didn't feel like driving 1/4 mile of back and forth trying to get it lined up exactly.

Nartanian

Man, you were pulling on that Evo till your started breaking up at top. I think it was a good race.

Last edited:

What ever happened to good old fashioned, side by side, racing? What's with the rolling start sh*t kids are doing now days? Guess I'm just OL'school. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Barnes

Well. Less chance of breaking stuff. So if you are just racing for fun that would be a nice margin of safety.

4thStroke

I have a stock tranny and open center diff. No launching for me. He claimed he missed 3rd when I talked to him today. Doesnt really look like it in the video.

AnotherNewb

Not bad but the second video shows that evo eating you up... Motivation...

turbowop

Quoting AnotherNewb:
Not bad but the second video shows that evo eating you up... Motivation...

Or just that Spencer fell asleep at the wheel.

Spencer could just pour in some e85 and smoke that guy. His car is de-tuned considerably at the moment because he can't keep his foot off the go pedal and keeps breaking sh*t. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4thStroke

Staring at the dash while next to a moderately powered '91 Mitsu isn't smart, you can see my car jerk towards him in the video... hello, torque steer.

That 2nd run the car was breaking up really bad. I was hoping it was momentary but it kept doing it so yeah, he pulled a bus on me.

I still laugh about him saying he missed 3rd. Its pretty clear he did not, he didn't even mention it in the video description. Then he was telling people that he pulled me and held me off. The video clearly shows the opposite. I'd like to see how things went after 100mph.

The car was really sparatic. It would break up and be fine for a while, then start breaking up while under boost. The MAP sensor would spike to 34psi, then at idle it would say I was only at 10in/hg. I would shut the car off and it would read normal again. I replaced the AEM 5 bar with an Omnipower 4 bar. The car seems to run smoother now. I'm crossing my fingers it was a faulty 5 bar and not a wiring issue (like I previously experienced (MAP would read -2XX in/hg and car wouldn't run at all until I nudged the wires. I re-soldered the connections and it worked fine after that).

mark, it's tough to fall asleep at the wheel when you're the one honking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Round 2 this weekend, possibly. I'm thinking about adding a little E and shutting him up for good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

Brianawd

Maybe I will come and watch sunday

2of9

Quoting Dbossman:
What ever happened to good old fashioned, side by side, racing? What's with the rolling start sh*t kids are doing now days? Guess I'm just OL'school. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

sh*t, Torreto told them to do it.

OP, I like...I like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quoting Dbossman:

i prefer rolling starts because i hate launching, its hard on your drivetrain lol, and i don't like breaking stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4thStroke

Quoting Brianawd:
Maybe I will come and watch sunday

Sweet. Looks like I found a ride home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm done at OMSI at 1:30. Lunch at Fire after, then lower river.

I've never had any troubles launching at a stand still as far as breaking stuff. IMO, that rolling start sh*t just isn't real racing. You want to really tell who's faster, do it the right way.

4thStroke

Roll racing is a better comparison of the cars.

Pulling from a dig will show who the better driver is.

I'm not a stranger to launching a car, but I'm also too familiar with breaking sh*t on a weekly basis.

I suppose you won't be happy until I'm launching at 20psi off anti-lag, either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts