The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What a pita mess

G

Staff member
So I take my dsm out for some fun the other day & notice some grease oozing out of my rim! All from a little hole in the cv boot. What a pita it is to clean this crap up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
dsc05518c.jpg

dsc05508f.jpg

dsc05506m.jpg

dsc05497i.jpg

dsc05490j.jpg

dsc05489r.jpg

dsc05486jq.jpg

dsc05484i.jpg

According to the paper work I recieved with the car the cv's are pretty new. Not sure what happened but I think it was from the po zip tying the abs sensor wires (disconnected) to the knuckle & letting them dangle loose.

alansupra94

I just used a rag and some carburetor cleaner. Worked really well.

2of9

yeah, don't you love it when that happens. so fun to clean up. I love it when the grease unbalances your rims and you can feel the vibration from the grease on the highway. So fun....NOT.

G

Staff member
Quoting turbowop:
What? You've never had a cv boot rip before? Must not be a quality Denso product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Nope, I've always caught them before hand exactly for this reason. Simple green worked like a champ, brake parts or carb cleaner will strip the paint on your shocks.

CutlassJim

Look on the bright side, no rust? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

ApexHunter

^Yeah.

This happened to me once, the day before a meet. I had spent most of the day prepping the car, and then decided to use the sexy bitch for a 80 mile round trip down to see some family for dinner that night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif The boot tore at some point on the freeway and i didn't realize it until i got to my destination, at which time i noticed grease oozing it's way through the spokes. Dustshields FTW, kept that brake from being destroyed. Then after dinner i had a nice extra 40 miles back home. At least this got all the rest of the grease out so that i was able to clean it the next morning before leaving for the meet and it didn't get so dirty on the way. Bad timing, and especially frustrating considering that axle (cheap aftermarket POS) had only ~20k.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts