The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finished the Boostx bumper lip...

JNR

Still missing those pieces though...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif just messing with ya...looks better now, although I'd gone with the different grill and no lip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Least it looks clean though, whether or not 'the look' is for everyone. I'm sure it looks even better in person and I bet a mojority of people have no idea what it is anyway, lol. But that's the fun of these cars; especially when they're clean.

turbowop

Quoting 4thStroke:
The value of the Eterna grille just skyrocketed. Thanks Mark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif Sorry, Spencer.

Thanks, guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Siq. I like the way the Eterna grille sets off the front end too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. It will be another 20 years before anyone makes a proper lower side skirt lol.

boostx

Quoting turbowop:
Better pics in the sun. Shows the great job my guys did splicing it back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

944bd3624573ba7.jpg

944bd36245c40ce.jpg

It looks better thats the first homemade one.

Can you show it from the side now Mark? Looks better green so far.

EDIT: dont know how I missed the first pictures. Looks good!

Last edited by a moderator:

boostx

This is all i could fine

bazeng

Looks great color coded!

I even like the side view now!

Where can I get 2 lips? LOL

would these fit an AMG bumper?

curtis

Quoting Boostx:
Quoting turbowop:
Better pics in the sun. Shows the great job my guys did splicing it back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

944bd3624573ba7.jpg

944bd36245c40ce.jpg

It looks better thats the first homemade one.

I just noticed something. Mark hacked the small ports on the left and right side. How about a straight shot photo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I never noticed it until John posted the big piture and I say tire tread and was like what the hell is up with that.

turbowop

Good eye, Curtis. I think you're the only one that's ever noticed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've had this bumper since '03. Back then, I had an intercooler setup with the outlet coming out the side and setup for a USDM bumper. Due to how much closer to the car the JDM unit was to the core support, the outlet pipe that followed the stock routing would hit the "duct" that was in the bumper. I spent like four hours one day trimming the thing just right to get it to clear the pipe. Had to do it to both sides though so that it would look uniform.

Here is an old pic that shows the IC pipe in that spot:

944bd7ba6b589de.jpg

Working on fitting it:

944bd7ba6b0a125.jpg

curtis

Got mine in the mail the same day as the keychain from Steve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Called John (Boostx) to thank him and his guy for the efforts and he said there's only one set left and he hasn't had any requests so he hasn't had his guy do anymore. The way he sounded if something doesn't start happening this project may die so if anyone wants the last you better send a PM to John or you might be waiting if you even get one.

Its a quality piece and has a lot of flex in it because of the special resins used so is super strong and want bust the first time you bump something like normal fiberglass. The other great thing I love is its in two pieces so its a one size fits all because over the years every bumper is going to flex and sag causing things not to fit perfect where this does. Anyway done for now just making a public Thanks to John for going out of his way to get this finish after his car is long gone.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts