The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FI Seals

holeshotmoe

Bought a set of used FIC 650s from a member here but I can't figure out which seals to buy. One of them has "EVO" scribbed on the side. The new ones are a little longer than stock, but several places sell seal sets that they "say" are used for both. I test fit them using the stock seals, but the spacer below the top o-ring is too tall, OR the bottom seal is wrong, because the spacer is getting crushed before the rail is tightened down.
Does the bottom seal sit in the first groove or just above it? Here's pics of the two side-by-side. I searched around here but couldn't find a concensus on which seals to use.

rgeier11

The Evo's have an additional piece compared to the DSM. You can use Evo application injectors in a DSM, but not DSM injectors in an EVO due to that additional piece.

Just use DSM seals.

holeshotmoe

The question is, what seals to buy. The stock seal, will only go over the very end of the evo injector (in the first groove), which then makes it too long to fit in the space between the head and rail. Look at this picture of the evo injector. Is that brown seal stock for the EVO, and will it work with our engines?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned