The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gasket between 2g maf and maf bracket?

Specter

So i finally got a 2g maf, and i had a bracket for it. The bracket sits on the maf, the 4 studs go into the four holes the 2g maf has and nuts gets tighten on those studs, and on the other side of the bracket goes an aftermarket K&N intake filter. Do i have to install any kind of gasket between the 2g maf and the bracket, and tighten it? Or is there no need? Just curious if it will suck unclean/dusty air /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Thanks!

524of1000

I don't have a gasket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Muskrat

There is a gasket, but generally it's not needed. However, I don't know what conditions you'll be driving in (does it get very dusty where you are?) A SMALL bead of rtv might do you well to avoid sucking in any fine grit that your filter would normally catch. Just make sure it's not going to squeeze out on the inside. A piece of RTV flying through your MAS/turbo would do more damage than some fine grit dust.

Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
The one I got came with a gasket, but like was mentioned above, I wouldn't worry about it or use RTV.

mooserage

Staff member
Why not just buy some gasket material and cut your own, that's what I did for my friend's 2g maf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

Specter

Thanks guys! Yes i can very easily buy a gasket material, cut it and make one, i just wanted to know if a gasket does come with it.
Thank you all for the info!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts