The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

boostx bumper lip (aka I'm a ricer nao)

turbowop

So.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I spent some time today getting this thing fitted to my JDM bumper. I would much rather this thing been molded as one piece. I realize that shipping was cheaper this way, but I would have rather paid extra for shipping than extra to have this made back into one piece by my bodyshop guys. It's not needed, but I think it would look much more finished so that is my plan. On a car like 503 I probably wouldn't care, but on this car, I feel it's needed.

So otherwise the fit is decent. I had to break out the Dremel to smooth out the rounded area where the lip comes around the sides of the bumper, but it wasn't very difficult. The lines in the middle were pretty much right on as for where to cut off the excess. I hacksaw'd it and used a sanding wheel on my Dremel to smooth it out.

Anyway, here are the pics so far. Obviously it will be painted. I guess I'm going to look like a ricer with a white body kit on the way to the bodyshop to see what my guys can do with the center. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif It should look a lot more integrated into the car once painted. In white, it stands out a bit. Still haven't decided on black or Belize green.

944bbfa02076aaf.jpg

944bbfa02111dd2.jpg

944bbfa020c5d52.jpg

944bbfa02143553.jpg

944bbfa02163c6a.jpg

944bbfa02186b86.jpg

944bbfa021b1ea7.jpg

curtis

Now that right there is what I'm talking about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Hittman

ahh turbowop i would love your car long time...you keep your GVR4 as clean as I keep my Evo

you painting it green or black? or will you go full carbon fiber wrap to over emphasize teh true rice stylez y0?!

Last edited:

Tre3zy

looks good.... even better than mine.... i kinda cut a lil too much on mine but im going to paint the car in the future anyways so i just put cocking on it for now.... keep us updated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Almost needs some side skirts of some sort to make is look even all the way back. It looks very nice though Wop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

turbowop

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

The sideskirt thing has been talked about in the past regarding front bumper lips. Some people don't like the way the lip hangs lower than the rest of the car, some people don't mind. I'm one of the people that don't mind...to a certain degree. I've seen ricers put on lips that hang waaaaay lower than the sides, in which case I can't stand the look. For something small like this, it doesn't bother me. It should flow better once it's painted though. The contrast with the white makes it look like it hangs even lower.

BoostedAWD91

looks amazing man!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Im still waiting to see that front lip installed on a USDM bumper

4Grim

Very nice man..looking foward to purchasing mine from John.

I am looking foward to seeing the final product when its finally painted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

4thStroke

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
looks amazing man!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Im still waiting to see that front lip installed on a USDM bumper

click

Mark, why black?

For a car like... 503, or my car, or Brian's, I could see where flat black may pass for a while, but for 1051, you've taken the time to respray everything on the car and even repainted the diamond stars on the grille. It needs belize, IMO. Otherwise it will look unfinished in its primer stage.

turbowop

I'm leaning toward painting it Belize, but sometimes, items like this are black from the factory. I never said I would cheap out with some rattle can flat black job on it. Even if I did black it would look good. C'mon, you know me better than that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting BOOSTIN HARD:
Almost needs some side skirts of some sort to make is look even all the way back. It looks very nice though Wop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Yeah, I think since it does hang down to make it less noticeable I'd go with green.

I agree with the fella's on the green. Thats one sexy ride though Wop. Very clean. I also agree with the guy who fabbed these making a complete lip kit, all the way around. Nice and suttle like the front piece.

Brianawd

Not a fan. It looks good from the front but once I see it from the side it reminds of ricers that just put on a front bumper.

4thStroke

Brian's right, 1051 is a legitimate ricer now. All show, no go, with miss matching body parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mark, your rattle can jobs turn out nicer than the OEM paint job on these cars, I'm sure you could get by with a rattle job and nobody would notice.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Jury's out for me until I see it in green.

ApexHunter

Quoting crankwalk:
Quoting BOOSTIN HARD:

Yeah, I think since it does hang down to make it less noticeable I'd go with green.

I'm gonna have to agree with the above. Go for green.

A full lip kit would be awesome, as long as it's clean and subtle and just complements this lip.

As an added benefit, some side skirts would hide the neon underglow kit better too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Whoodoo

Looks good. Best lip I've seen on a GVR4 yet. I have to agree with the general consensus thought... Greeen is the way to go. With a car that stands out as much as 1051, The more subtle (yes Dbossman, that's how it's spelled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) the better.

Lonewolf64

Am I the only one who thinks the lip upsets the lines of the car? Without some kind of side skirt ground effects, the lip hangs way lower than the rest of the car and makes the car look tacky.

Naturally, 1051 remains beautiful, but I personally wouldn't bother with the lip. It will probably grow on me once it is paint matched. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts