The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I just wanted to know if anyone here is over 200K

SO, what's your story? just how many people on the board have driven their baby's over that 200,000 miles mark. I don't care if you've changed the motor out, Im looking for chassis mileage. I'd actually like to know if anyone has ever reached the 300K mark.
Also how did you come about finding/purchasing you rides.?

Ill go first.

Im running a converted 90 GSX...We found this poor car left on the side of the road (around 70K miles ago)with the title singed in the glove box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. PO drove it to death, lost their timing belt and seized the motor up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif they left it on the side of I-75 like a rape victim. well the car has had around 4 motor swaps in it since then, lightened her up by removing all the sound material throughout the car and everything related to AC under the dash, no power steering, balance shafts, installed some five lug wheels, and found a set of SRT4 seats that compliment the interior very well. now I know this Isn't as COOL as a VR4. but I think it's just as rare, most of these cars have made it to the scrap yard by now. How the car currently sits: beaten daily, 211K miles, 30k on motor, 14b pushing 19psi all day for the last 30k miles. this is essentially the second car since project goodwill that we've kept from certain death.

CarRacer

I bought my car with 201k on it two years ago and rebuilt a lot of the major parts.

I daily drive it and have put another 15-20k on it since starting daily duties last May. It's been a great car to drive overall. Keeping up with maintenance is a huge part of keeping it on the road. These cars are almost two decades old and things will wear out. It's important to address any issue that arises before it becomes a catastrophe.

Quoting CarRacer:
I bought my car with 201k on it two years ago and rebuilt a lot of the major parts.

I daily drive it and have put another 15-20k on it since starting daily duties last May. It's been a great car to drive overall. Keeping up with maintenance is a huge part of keeping it on the road. These cars are almost two decades old and things will wear out. It's important to address any issue that arises before it becomes a catastrophe.

yes I agree, maintenence is very important to keeping these sweethearts on the road. Any DSM from the early 90's for that matter. I think it's moreso true when dealing with those custom dsm projects like our mighty max. I'm sure most here agree though...it takes a special kinda love to be willing to deal with the constant headaches, trials and tribulations these motors have to offer, I sometimes wonder what's going through the head of someone wanting to find another hobby and choose DSM's lol!

Quoting Hertz:
I hit 212k before I gave up on 858/2000.

Why is this post in Newbies?

IDK, I guess I should have posted in general discussion. it seemed like a noob question at the time, besides I have a newbie rating. LOL seemed correct at the time.

Quoting Muskrat:
Mine has over of 200k Jack Stand Miles. Does that count?

my buddy wolf Might have you beat. we started measuring his car in jack stand years after a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mooserage

Staff member
Currently at 209k and I am very stubborn about keeping this thing running for a long time to come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
-shamus

*knocks on wood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif*

GreenGSX

The One Lap VR-4 has over 210K on the clock and still racing strong..

Muskrat

Quoting VR4ish:
Quoting Muskrat:
Mine has over of 200k Jack Stand Miles. Does that count?

my buddy wolf Might have you beat. we started measuring his car in jack stand years after a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

That depends. I've owned the damn thing for about 6 years now, and only driven it for 4 months!

DR1665

Combined between my pair is easily over 300k. 464/1000 is above 160k and 195/2000 is something like 150k or so. Haven't had the gauges off the shelf in weeks, so not sure.

Engine on the stand next to 195 had about 220k on it when it caught fire. I pulled it out of the GS-T, cleaned it off, threw new spark plugs in it and got another, I dunno, 10k out of it before the HG went.

1870 of 2000 was my brothers first car. he got the vr4 and i got the eclispe gs (wtf?) he has since given up on her after his 12 year run. today, shes being restored and put back on the road by me. at the young age of 279k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif 3 motors, 2 transmissions and lots of love and luck.

many, many more miles in her future!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunoboy

i have 214,xxx on 352/1000 1xxx on the new top end, and 40k ish on the jdm block.

Last edited:

206,xxx on 1947/2000's body, and 42 miles on her rebuilt heart. It's been garage kept most of her life though so no worries. She's been waiting on me to make time to rebuild the clutch master cylinder and buy, and install a set of tires. Hopefully after the CM's done that will correct her shifting problems. Then I'll be spoolin around town making the Honda's jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

my subaru legacy has 310,000k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif and still running strong! my vr4 has 170,000..

4wheelsqueal

555/2000 has 272,000 and is daily driven. 1049/2000 has 211,000 and is on jackstands. 1945/2000 has 186,000 and is awaiting motor and tranny. and 713/1000 has 150,000 and needs it's ecu rebuilt but runs and drives.

Last edited:

Armitage

217k. I'm the 4th owner, bought it with just a tick over 100k on the clock. At 200 I changed out the original motor for a fresh rebuild/new turbo/etc. The old motor was still pulling great at 20-25psi on ported big 16g but it was burning a fair amount of oil/smoking under boost. The car is my daily driver and has been so for 9 years. In addition, she's been in autoxes, drag races, road rallies, performance rallies, track days, etc. Everything on the car works, though I deleted the A/C and 4WS years ago.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned