The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Progress on 409

Well I got off work today an hour early so I spent some time getting the GVR4 road worthy again. I used some brake cleaner (an ASS load) to clean up the front calipers. I sandblasted the caliper brackets and the four bolts that hold the brackets. I sprayed everything with semi gloss black heat paint then I used heat paint clear coat. It looks really nice and low key. Im going to buy some pads this weekend and hopefuly I can have it up and running so I can bring it to a mnsportcompact.org meating on tuesday.
Later all
Damn I love my Galant VR4....!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OK so today I was installing the front brakes on my GVR4 after I was done and had it back on all fours I started it up to let it ilde wile I re tuned my apexi safc to the specs I rote down in a notebook I use for keeping info. anyways to make a short story long I just bought an oddessey batterie about two weeks ago. I tested it and it holds 12v on a batterie tester. after I got the apexi all tuned the rpm's started to slow down and then the car died. I tryed to start the car and it just clicked the first time. the second time it didn't do anything. I put the batterie tester back on it and it was at 11v 8v when you crank it. my question is this due to a bad altonator? and has anyone brought an oddessey batterie back from 11v? I just payed 160 dollars for it and I really don't waht to have to buy another one.
Thanks all lol
409/2000 damn car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

CarRacer

Make sure the alternator belt is tight or not slipping. That could cause it to not charge and run off the battery.

damn due your from minnesota? do you got a gvr4? did you go to the mitsu cook out in rogers?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts