The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternative FP manifold bolts

4Grim

I bought a FP manifold from a local guy and he didn't have the 4 bolts to attach it to the turbo housing. If you are familiar with this manifold...the OEM manifold bolts are way too long to use for this manifold. I was going to order them from FP which they call them Evo bolts and the $8 price wasn't soo bad. I found out there was a minimum $20 order so I got a couple other things which my total was $21 and some change.

Well checked out and their only available shipping is UPS ground for $21.00 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. So basically for 4 bolts and some other studs and nuts I am paying $42 ....which I can't justify to pay.

So my question is...:Is there another alternative bolt I can use for this manifold that is the same as the OEM bolts in quality and heat tolerance wise but short enough to bolt the FP manifold to the turbo?

boostedinaz

I know that you can use the bolts that held the stock O2 to the turbine housing for the short bolts. As for the long one I don't know of any common bolt on the car that is the same size and designed for the heat.

4Grim

Good looking out Michael...I was just thinking about that after I posted this thread. I will have to see if I have any extra O2 housing bolts and give it a try.

Street Surgeon

The FP manifold is designed for two O2 housing bolts, and two of the regular turbo bolts IIRC. You can order the bolts from JNZ but CALL instead of using their website. That way you can ask them to drop it in an envelope and ship for like two bucks. They've done that with me for a few misc gaskets and/or bolts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned