The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What I have been toying with lately....

So, here's the car.

Its a 2.3 with 9.5-1 slugs. Stock cams and intake manifold for now. Im toying with the idea of building my own. The turbo that came on the car when I bought it was a BEP something-or-other. Slow to boost on the stroker and even slower when it was the stock motor. It was like waiting for bad sex. Well, the oil seals on the turbo are shot and the bearings on their way out.

Like others before me, I went with the 3052 to make for a nice street car/grocery getter. I had some money to play with so I thought I might as well do it right.

img.php

Sizing the oil and coolant lines. I went with all SS lines except for the oil drain, I used -10 Earl's nylon braided for ease of the transition. I used -6 for the coolant.

A buddy of mine made the downpipe for me. My radiator is 3in thick so he didnt have a whole lot of room to work with. We took all the necessary measurments and should be good to go but just in case I might even have to notch the core-support and tilt the rad in a little for clearance.

Another pic. I will be wrapping the DP with header-wrap. Gotta help the ALT survive as much as I can.

img.php

Here's my Air Filter. I borrowed the idea from my buddy. It was spendy but it shoud work great.

The first step is to get everything bolted on the car, drive it, and then start the Megasquirt install. Im really excited to get the MS goin. Anyone who is using currently knows about the VE analyzer and how easy it is.

Also purchased but not pictured is the WB02 and tweeter gauge pod.
Im hiding all reciepts for the girlfriend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Im scared to see what happens if she finds them.

a2vr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Looking good! That is a great street/strip turbo. I have a buddy with one on his daily/track car 2.0t mirage and he loves it.
Looking forward to a vid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif !
~Brian A. Moreno

Last edited:

It probably wont see the strip. Im not big into drag racing. I just want to be able to get my slurpee and get home before it melts. Besides, the battery is in the trunk and theres no external kill switch, only a circuit breaker. Ill at least get some dyno numbers when I get the Meth set up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned