The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Installing SS Brake Lines

TylerAdamson

I've read the how to and understand everything, but I've ran into a slight issue while installing my brake lines. My issue came about when it came time to do the front lines. You have to reuse the "intermediate" hard line when upgrading the lines. My intermediate hard line is horribly rusted at the fittings and have almost completely stripped. Naturally I don't want/can't reuse these lines and was wondering if they were available from the dealer or if I'm going to have to find a pair off of a donor car. I have the ability to make them myself but my schedule is busy and would rather just buy new lines and install them if that's an option.

4thStroke

I just replaced my front lines with stainless ones. I did not have to reuse my intermediate hard line. We're talking about the one connected to the bracket that mounts to the strut, correct?

Mine came off relatively easy and should be reusable. I can send them to you if you can refund my shipping costs.

TylerAdamson

That would indeed be the line I am referring to. Which SS brake line kit did you use, I'm using the Techna-fit kit. PM me some contact info and we can get things settled.

4thStroke

I used the Russell kit. It was labeled as a 3000GT kit though, not sure what the deal was there. PM on the way.

The 3000gt vr4 rear lines are funky & I can't remember what it is but I think it has two extra female fittings that won't work with our cars. I do carry a kit that eliminates the brackets in the front.

Click me

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
They are also still available new I believe. Cheap too. Same as 1gs.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned