The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1G GSX struts and Sprint Blue Springs on GVR4?

Yea i currently have Eibach on my car and the front sits waaayy to high and my struts are blown. I am getting kyb's w. Sprint Blue springs on them, Anyone currently running this setup?
Any issues with eclipse suspension on GVR4? I just know the rears are shorter.

Thanks in advance

broxma

I have a set of KYB adjustables and sprint Evo springs on my car. No problems for me although it hasn't turned over in 4 months now and I've driven it less than a mile. But height wise, It's good.

Vman911

I had a set of lowering springs for a talon on my GVR4 and the rear was lower then the front even with 2" drop in front and 1.5" in rear. Looked way to low in back and hit bump stops all the time.
I change to GVR4 springs (sportline) 1.5" drop and my car just sits a tad higher then with talon springs but the ride is way better. no more bumpstops hitting.

TurboTrader

I had that same problem when I put 1g Eibach Pro-kit springs. Part of it is that the GVR4 Springs are slightly longer in the rear stock than the 1g GSX, and the spring rate is slightly stiffer. It would also appear lower since the fender openings are cut lower in the rear than in the front. To correct it, I put a 1-inch spacer at the top of the spring in the rear. Even with 100lb of sub/box/amp and rear passengers, I have yet to bottom out in the rear. The ride height is about perfect now as well.

Thanks fellas,

Since My rear height seems somewhat reasonable, I was thinking of Just changing the front rear with the sprints springs to have a nice even drop combo. What you guys think? Sprints up front, and Eibachs in the Rear? The front is like a freaken Monster Truck

Quoting MadBeachDSM:
I had that same problem when I put 1g Eibach Pro-kit springs. Part of it is that the GVR4 Springs are slightly longer in the rear stock than the 1g GSX, and the spring rate is slightly stiffer. It would also appear lower since the fender openings are cut lower in the rear than in the front. To correct it, I put a 1-inch spacer at the top of the spring in the rear. Even with 100lb of sub/box/amp and rear passengers, I have yet to bottom out in the rear. The ride height is about perfect now as well.

Can you describe the spacer install? I have the same issue with the AGX/ProKit install on my GGSX as you can see:

Front (after engine install)
DSC00196.jpg

And rear:
DSC00194.jpg

I don't mind the height of the rear so much, I just don't like the differential. If one end was going to be higher I'd be happier with the rear being higher.

Ok installed sprints in the front with KYB'S

Now I have a problem, On the Passenger Side I can fit about 2 fingers between the wheel and Fender, But on the Driverside it seems a tad lower and i Can NOt stick any finger in at all. It is rim to fender..Any Ideas??? maybe the right side strut is on the Left to differntiate weight??

TurboTrader

Quoting TurboTony:
Can you describe the spacer install? I have the same issue with the AGX/ProKit install on my GGSX as you can see:

Front (after engine install)
And rear:
I don't mind the height of the rear so much, I just don't like the differential. If one end was going to be higher I'd be happier with the rear being higher.

What I did as a simple quick easy fix for the difference in springs between the 1g DSM drop springs and GVR4 springs is took a spare rubber upper spring absorber (for lack of a better term, the rubber deal the spring rides in at the top strut mount in the rear), basically I stacked two of them in there instead of just one as there normally would. I mentioned it spaced it about 1", but more accurately, I think I gained about 3/4" which was perfect. The handling seems improved as well, and I don't seem to be bottoming out anymore with rear passengers. I've had this setup for almost a year with no issues whatsoever so far.

100_5646.jpg

Keep in mind, I only have GR-2's and not AGX's, so your setup may differ, but you should be able to achieve similar results.

2DAMAX:

I would double check the install, and make sure everything is mounted right. From what you describe, it seems to be excessively leaning to the left. I'm assuming you took it for a drive after the spring change, if not, you need to do so, provided everything is tightened down and safe, springs do need an opportunity to seat/settle. I notice when I take mine off jackstands, it seems to sit higher than it normally would after dropping it to the ground, a nice drive puts it back where it should be.

With that said, I noticed with mine and most other GVR4's and DSM's, they all seem to lean to the driver's side slightly for some reason. I attribute it the the weight difference between the motor (being on the driver's side, of course), and a bigger part of the fuel tank being towards that side as well (to clear the muffler). With even stock springs, I can see how it would lean to the DS slightly with that extra weight, but two fingers to no fingers seems a bit extreme.

Ok drove the Car around, But the Driver side tire is still pretty close to the fender, and the passenger side I can stick one finger in between the tire and fender, but driver side can not. When I go over a small hump in the road all i hear is loud rubbing. Any suggestions? The smallest size in those spring spacers is 1 inch and im afraid thats going to bring it back to what i had it before w. the eibachs..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned