The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which would be the best offset.

Whats up guys am looking to getting some wheels for the galant. I've search and found the website for the diff kind of offset wheels that have been put on our cars. I want the wheel to sit flush. I want to run 16'' wheels with 225 tires. Which would be the best offset for the wheels to be flushed.

belize1334

Offset is measured from the center so rim width doesn't actually affect it unless your rims are wider than your tires. I have a set of 16x7 at -40 and my 225/50s are nice and flush.

Last edited:

H05TYL

Surely you mean +40? -40 would stick out 3.4" further than these do...

2010_0227bookses0075.jpg

2010_0227bookses0088.jpg

2010_0227bookses0082.jpg

18x9 +30 with 235/40's
I've only lipped the guards thus far, but these tests showed that the only place the tire contacted the car was the outer lip of the guard - even at full lock and max suspension compression the tire still clears everything else (I removed the outer guard panel for full lock tests, no pics though).

I should point out that if you have stock steering tie rods they will hit the chassis long before you get this much compression (about 35mm ago)

This offset calculator is incredibly helpful link

using this it's quite easy to make a cardboard mock up of your wheel so you can check how far in/out it will sit - remove the spring and jack the suspension through it's full range of motion.

225's +35 on a 8 inch wide rim looks good. This is with my old 16x8 Forgelines. Car sat too high in these pictures but with more lowering it sits perfect.

img.php

Playing with different tire size and sidewalls on another 16x8 +35 wheel, on my te37s it seemed they fit more in the fender but I think that is just an optical illusion since there is no lip.

cf006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned