The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

U-Joint Part Number

TylerAdamson

I'm trying to replace the u-joint in 934 and can't seem to locate the specific u-joint. All of the part stores that I called today claimed that they didn't list one. Does anyone know of a part number I can cross reference to find one or know of a place I can find one. I know JNZ offers it in a rebuild kit, but I don't want to wait for them to ship it and would like to get it tomorrow so I can reinstall the t-case.

raptorWagon

Does this work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ujoint.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The cheapest way to do it is buy a yolk replacement kit. It comes with a yolk and u-joint for less than the price of a u-joint by itself. I'll dig up a box with part # for you tomorrow. You can call the shop if I haven't posted it by the time you need it.
Jesse
541-514-9539

Muskrat

I seem to remember last time I needed a U-joint Napa had them in stock.

TylerAdamson

Was able to cross the Mitsu number with Napa and they have them in stock. For reference the part number is PUJ398 for the Precision Branded joint and NPJ P398 for the Napa Performer brand joint. Thanks guys.

Brianawd

After market ujoint I picked up from Napa I think.

Buy factory oem mitsu only

Last edited:

prove_it

Transfer Case Recall Kit PN# MR470072

U-joint PN# MR131856

The transfer case kit is cheaper.

This is all listed in the Info section. I even listed an AC Delco number in there as well, however it's only good for low power cars.

BpuVR4

trying to look at purchasing a couple u joints from napa possibly...used the part number in the above post. however i see it's the same part number for all the locations, just wanted to verify that the ujoints are the same for each location? or am I being stupid here?

prove_it

Every u-joint is the same. However a warning. The aftermarket will work, but like all aftermarket part, after a couple years it will get loose. Mine made it about 10k miles. Better off going with the u-joint in the recall kit.

BpuVR4

are the u-joints in the recall kit oem? I feel dumb for asking because it's cheap.

prove_it

Yes. However you get one joint per recall box. You will need to remove the joint from the front yoke in the kit, but it works. Also a little knowledge will help as there are shimmed circlips and the clearance must be set. Feel free to search through the how-to section. I think there might be some guides. There was a thread about driveline thump. I would also recommend replacing the carrier bearings while your at it since the joints have to be removed to replace the carrier bearings. If they are factory they are shot.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts