The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TH3 Lazy arse Australian / New Zealand Picture build thread

curtis

Put down the Fosters and do work guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

I dont think anyone over there even drinks that sh*t beer ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boostdtalon

I can tell you from actually visiting Australia. That sh*t is a joke to them. VB or Guiness would be a better beer. I had some others but got too drunk to remember the names.

brisvr4

Fosters is what we sell to unsuspecting tourists /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Now I'm going to have to get off my fat ass and take some pics of my heap!

H05TYL

Actually I'm drinking Stella at the moment...

anyway here's some pictures of my lack of progress :p

The silver vr4 in the background is waiting for me to pull the steering rack out and overhaul it, did the cambelt/etc not long ago.
Looking at the pic it's really obvious the door surrounds need repainting!
As for the other one...
2009_12115stud0008.jpg

I need to build some intercooler piping to suit the new location of the core, plumb the 38mm wastegate back into the exhaust, fit a muffler of some sort (probably), fit the reground 264º cams I picked up for $100 (kiwi $, er, that's about $3.75 American I think), redrill the original discs to suit the new 5stud from hubs then add some coolant, petrol, fresh oil/filter.
With abit of luck it'll be ready for a burnout comp at the end of the month.
2009_0728progress0001.jpg

Almost forgot, need to roll the guards a wee bit too
2009_12155stud0004.jpg

It's currently back to rwd until I get around to converting the rear to 5stud and fitting the other pair of work's.
I also need to modify the rear Cusco Evo5 coilovers I have and fit them (in place of the current Tein type HA's) to match the front Cusco's.
2009_0127VR4s0021.jpg

Interior needs some tidying up too (particularly the birds nest of wiring where the alarm is) - dash shell is back in place.
2008_1212H05TYL0002.jpg

Hey guys this is my immaculate Aus Spec VR4 (Note the excellent condition of the paint work) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Still fairly stock so far only have 3 inch dump back exhaust, custom pwr front mount and piping with turbosmart bov, small 16G turbo, king springs, koni rears and some sort of rally shocks in the front and walbro intank fuel pump. Mods to come are bigger injectors, 609 MAF, chipped ecu, fix the body and paint and chuck in some subs.

Last edited by a moderator:

ozyvr4

This is my 1990 A-spec.
Built motor , Wiseco pistons 8.3:1, scat rods, BC 272/272 cam, ported head, 1mm oversized valves, ACL race bearings, balanced shaft removed (mitsu kit) ARP rod/main & head studs, Rochester 660cc, Walbro 255 rewired, FP Race mani, FP 18g 6sl2, 3" exhaust, Lukey muffler, 550x140x75 FMIC, 2'5" IC piping & TB elbow, ECMLink V3 (soon to be SD), Apexi AVCR (22psi) Innovate LC1 XD16 etc.

In the middle of tuning (pushing 40lb/min)

Some pics.

fuel

I haven't really done anything to mine, other than painstakingly going over each panel one at a time with a clay bar, orbital polisher and compound, buffer, wax just recently.

I think I need a better camera, and better photo taking skills, but anyway this is what I came up with

DSCF2180.jpg

DSCF2181.jpg

DSCF2185.jpg

DSCF2187.jpg

DSCF2188.jpg

DSCF2190.jpg

curtis

To all you mates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

VR42LT

I couldnt leave the ol girl on the other thread by herself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I might of went overboard on the amount of pics sorry guys, so mods feel free to delete a few if you like.

Needs abit of tidy up with the pannel beater and sprayer painter

ACL race bearings and ARP main studs

Magnus crank

PAR rods and ROSS pistons

Main girdle

Billet main caps

MOROSO sump

chrome

Chrome

Twin plate clutch, ARP 1/2 inch head studs and cam gears

BILLET turbo from MR TURBO

SYNCHRONIC 50mm external wastegate

SYNCHRONIC blow off valve

HYPERTUNE race intake manifold

HYPERTUNE throtle body

6BOOST manifold

Thanks for looking.

H05TYL

^some seriously trick parts there, very nice!

could really do with some JDM bumpers though!

ozyvr4

I love that intake mani.

That thing is going to fly. Are you going to keep the body looking stock?

I'll add some more pics
Unorthodox cam gears & Gates belt

KYB AGX 1g front struts & Dobinson superlow springs

Slotted front rotor , Goodridge SS brakelines & green stuff pads

Apexi AVCR in Galant GSR dash pod

Evo 3 radiator

Old long IC pipe & new shorter pipe. It runs between th chasis rail & narrower radiator

Last edited:

H05TYL

ozyvr4: how wide is the evo3 radiator? does it fit the stock lower mounts? might be just what I need!

a2vr4

Nice whips y'all! ozyvr4, is that a usdm body kit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif It's always fun see what people in different parts of the word think looks good/whats 'rare' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Keep up the posting y'all!
~Brian A. Moreno

ozyvr4

We Aussies got the same body as the US. The cars are very simular. We got cloth seats instead of leather. You got those funny front seat belts,& clear lenses for the front bar indicators.

On the Radiator width, its about 25mm short on each side. The bottom & top locating pins are the same except the top is 40mm lower than the VR4 unit. Just make some brackets that bolt to original bolts. I only use 2.5" IC piping so after you cut a little metal the silicone hose fit snuggly in between the chasis & radiator. You may have to move your power steering hoses & main harness over a touch. I try get some better pics of where the pipe goes through.

a2vr4

knowledge dropped! Thanks for clearing that up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
~Brian A. Moreno

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts