The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

who the h3ll used to own 615/1000 ?

this week i got lucky and found a vr4 parts car in armington,il. me and a buddy took his truck down there to pick up my parts but it was alot more difficult than just that. I got up today and called the place i was getting parts from only to find out they were closed on Saturdays. i work Monday-Saturday and i had to take today off just to go there. so i was kinda ticked off. luckily someone ended up answering the phone after a while and he said they would be there till 1pm. its now 11am, haven't left the house yet and it takes 2.3 hours to get there. so here we are racing down the interstate averaging 80mph right up till we were 30 miles away. and guess what? the tensioner pulley breaks and throws the serpentine belt off the engine. we pull of the interstate and luckily an oreilly's is right down the block. i bought a new tensioner and borrowed their tools to put it on. found out the belt was still good and put that back on, and away we went 17 minutes later. finally manage to get to our destination and find out that the parts had not been pulled yet. so what do we do? i asked the guy if he could pull the car in the shop and let us use some tools. about an hour and some later we had both bumpers, front seats, and the hvac parts pulled from the car and loaded in the truck. everything was in great shape and the only thing that needs replaced is one fog light lens. made it home without any issues but man that was an adventure. the car was 615/1000. was bought at a police auction because it was ABANDONED!!! guy said he PAID $300 for it. before we pulled my parts i checked it over thoroughly and except the motor being gone, drivers door dent, and the parts tossed in the back seat i cannot see how anyone would leave such a beautiful car on the side of the road. everything i could think of was intact and in decent shape. its getting crushed next week so if you need any parts off of it i suggest getting a hold of click and seeing if they have what you need. also i took the dash plaque before she went to the shredder. if anyone is interested in it pm me. 5 hours of driving, 400 dollars in parts, 300 miles away, nearly 2 hours in labor, and a little determination brought me so much closer to returning my GVR4 to its original glory. goodbye silly ricer evo body kit. and goodbye rota-17" rim-for-a-seat thing. and goodbye stupid hvac with no slider peices and vent controls. if any of you guys know the previous owner kick him/her in the face a few times. thanks

NateCrisman

Cool!

hey man sorry i didnt make it up there. i just got lucky and found this one. i saw your last fs ad and i know i'll need a few of those things

NateCrisman

Well that was an insane long drive for $50 seats anyway so no big deal.

maroonmetallic

It looks like Eugene used to own it sometime in its life.

SEE ME /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

-Shawn

its too bad they couldnt save the car. it was just rediculous. little surface rust and a few dents but it woulda made a great car for someone. now she is just a shell with parts thrown in it. thanks for the info

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts