The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Slave Cylinder Spring?

Specter

I have rebuilt the slave cylinder and bought a new kit for it. The only difference between the old slave cylinder kit and the new kit is of the spring. The new one is a bit shorter in length, i was unable to find exactly like the one which came out of the slave. The slave cylinder piston and hence the rod is not moving at all, on the older kit it was moving, what could be the problem? Too much air in the line or do i need to change that spring?
Thanks!

4thStroke

Are you talking about the small spring that pushes against the little restrictor place with a small hole in it?

If so, toss the plate and spring.

grocery_getter

Quoting Specter:
I have rebuilt the slave cylinder and bought a new kit for it. The only difference between the old slave cylinder kit and the new kit is of the spring. The new one is a bit shorter in length, i was unable to find exactly like the one which came out of the slave. The slave cylinder piston and hence the rod is not moving at all, on the older kit it was moving, what could be the problem? Too much air in the line or do i need to change that spring?
Thanks!

Use the old spring instead of the new shorter spring. The right spring should be about 2.25" long.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned