The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whiteline Caster bushings

4thStroke

I've been trying to track down some Whiteline caster bushings. To order from Whiteline, it costs $130 to get them here from Australia. I have yet to find a reputable vendor who has any in stock.

dsmparts.com has Whiteline "rear" caster bushings. Is this a misprint? Whiteline doesnt have rear caster bushings listed on their site.

click

If anyone has any laying around, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

turbowop

That picture sure looks like the bushings for the front control arm to me. Maybe they mean the rear of the two bushings for the front arm. I'm not even sure that caster applies to the rear, since it mostly deals with steering angles.

4thStroke

Exactly what I was thinking. Ive never heard of rear caster bushings and the shape looks about right. The price looks right, too. As much as Id hate to send my money to DSMParts, I may have to pull the trigger.

I wouldnt mind hearing some feedback about these, too. There doesnt seem to be a whole lot of info out there on them.

Last edited:

JSchleim18

Quoting 4thStroke:

dsmparts.com has Whiteline "rear" caster bushings. Is this a misprint? Whiteline doesnt have rear caster bushings listed on their site.

click

If anyone has any laying around, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

I think by "rear" they mean front lower control arm...rear bushing.

click

boostedinaz

Correct. The ones that Jeremy posted are the correct front caster bushings. I put them on 1101 right before I sold it.

4thStroke

I dont know if people are still looking for Whiteline parts, but I found another source for these bushings, as well as the front and rear camber kits.

click

They also have the Prothane bushing kits for anyone looking for those.

Guys,
I can get Whiteline products as I'm now a dealer, so let me know what you need along with the part # & I'll get you a gvr4 member price & eta /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I'm working on getting Whiteline listed on my site.

I would've posted it sooner but I just wanted to see what was still available before I start saying I can get them.

KiNgMaRtY

I'm trying to gather the bushings together. So if i get the front caster bushings isn't their another pair in the front of the control arm that will need replacing? Does Whiteline make those aswell?

What exactly does the ES Front Control Arm bushing kit include opposed to this one?

belize1334

Both kits will have four bushing total (two for each side). The WL kit will have eccentric rear bushings which swing the back of the control arm OUT and thus swing the ball-joint FORWARD which is where you get the caster benefit. The ES kit will be identical for the front bushing but the rear bushing will not be eccentric so you don't get any added caster. If you wanted, you could easily mix and match with no ill effects since the caster (rear) bushing is independent of front bushing.

JSchleim18

^My Whiteline front control arm bushings didn't come as a set. I got the caster adjustable bushings but not the fronts. I bought the ES kit to get the front ones.

KiNgMaRtY

Thank you for the replies. So to avoid extra downtime I I bought ES kits. I now have a new issue. I don't want to take this thread off topic so please follow the link if you can provide me with any help.
click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned