The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I know I have seen this VR4 before...

fivestardsm

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif That thing has a sticker across the back window that says something about "go fast with class". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

fivestardsm

I found it again... click

curtis

Car is clean and clean install not the biggest fan of afetmarket bumper covers but it is installed clean but I do like the small monitor for the dsmlink

donkeylips

Not all gvr4s were 5spd with leather, automatic seatbelts, and a dash badge; only in the US were all the vr4s configured that way. This is a Canadian car.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Except that...Canada did not get Galant VR4s officially. There was no Mitsubishi distributor in Canada until 2003 or so. So there is no such thing as a "Canadian" Galant VR4.

Rausch

^ Lol for truth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GIjoe

Quoting iceman69510:
Except that...Canada did not get Galant VR4s officially. There was no Mitsubishi distributor in Canada until 2003 or so. So there is no such thing as a "Canadian" Galant VR4.

If I'm not mistaken, the only LHD VR4s are the usdm limited edition ones. All the others were RHD, sold only in asia and Australia (

raptorWagon

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
does he have gauges in the dash to the right of the clock

I see a guage
259985_16451.jpg

I don't know what he was thinking with that roof scoop initially, it looked more like a scoobie then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

donkeylips

Quoting GIjoe:
Quoting iceman69510:

If I'm not mistaken, the only LHD VR4s are the usdm limited edition ones. All the others were RHD, sold only in asia and Australia (

Last edited:

Donkeylips..........you should probably research subjects before trying to educate someone on them. Thats works better for everyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

RedTwo

Yeah, electric seatbelts (how f***ing lazy can you get?!) are a USA exclusive.
Off the top of my head, I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese car with that feature - for 3 years I drove a Toyota Hiace Super Custom, which has to be the pimped out production car (van) to come out of Japan - it comes with a fridge, freezer, electric jug, electric curtains, remote door operation, heated seats, triple sun roofs, etc, but it still has manual seat belts!

BoostedAWD91

Quoting raptorreed:
Quoting BoostedAWD91:
does he have gauges in the dash to the right of the clock

I see a guage
259985_16451.jpg

In the picture from the link above there is 3 gauges there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Red Two,

The seat belts were the nice US gov't protecting us from ourselves. Cars had to have either airbags or seatbelts that did not require user intervention. Volkswagens and some other cars had even dumber belts that spooled out every time you opened the doors.

Quoting RedTwo:
Yeah, electric seatbelts (how f***ing lazy can you get?!) are a USA exclusive.
Off the top of my head, I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese car with that feature - for 3 years I drove a Toyota Hiace Super Custom, which has to be the pimped out production car (van) to come out of Japan - it comes with a fridge, freezer, electric jug, electric curtains, remote door operation, heated seats, triple sun roofs, etc, but it still has manual seat belts!

4Grim

Did Galant VR4's come A/T?

Other than Marks AMS GVR4 which he converted to A/T .....I always thought all E39a Galant VR4's were 5 speeds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts