The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Post pics of your gauge setups

Im starting to buy all of my gauges and i would like to see some different methods of mounting them

also if you could give a little info about your setup that would be very helpful

4thStroke

The left gage is an Autometer boost/vacuum gage. The right one is an AEM wideband. Both are mounted with Autometer pods. I was able to mount them to the speaker cover easily. I have a switch mounted on the dead cover by the defrost switch to turn the light off on the Autometer and turn off the wideband altogether. The light bothers me sometimes at night.

vtecds1

I`m actually working on mine today. I`ll post up pics tonight when I finish.

boostedinaz

My set up when I owned 1101.

Bezel1.jpg

Bezel2.jpg

evo8ya

nice^^^ I like the serial cable setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

turbowop

On 1051 my Defi boost and egt gauges are mounted in an Aeroworks A-pillar with the controller mounted under the stereo. MaftPro screen is in the change holder in front of the shifter. The wideband readout is in the ashtray location. I have a new 52mm PLX gauge ready to go in this spring that I will mount on the steering column though. The old setup will go in 503.

In 503 I mounted cheapo Prosport boost and oil pressure gauges in gauge cups on the dash speaker grill.

944a91dca7d2837.jpg

93725-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:

vtecds1

Just finished remounting the 2 gauges in front of the console.

jwberry

I have a Autometer boost gauge integrated into the cluster and Prosport boost, AF/volt, and oil pressure in a NewSouth din panel under the radio.

curtis

Quoting evo8ya:
nice^^^ I like the serial cable setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Thanks I cut it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brisvr4

RHD version just to be different /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Polish

8377540049_large.jpg

1186 a few years ago, I like gauges. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting Polish:
8377540049_large.jpg

1186 a few years ago, I like gauges. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

You're missing an altimeter in there, Corey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Struc

I posted this in another thread, but I guess I'll post it here too. I also have a Boost and A/F on my pillar. The A/F will be replaced by a Wideband setup at some point.

curtis

Quoting GreenGSX:
Thanks Curtis...

Your Welcome.

I have a new design drawn and started the code already so hopefully this spring version 2.0 will be released for everyone. Have about 12 hours in the drawing and making corrections because for the cutter width. No teaser pictures yet, you'll have to wait until ones cut. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Main reason I've been trying to get the post processor stuff sorted on the mill so I want have to write code but just let my cam software do it for me.

4Grim

img.php

Its a bit different now...Greddy TT is gone and some minor changes.

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Total of 8 readouts

Pod Gauge has Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp and Fuel Pressure courtesy of Twin SPA dual digital gauges

img.php

Twin Boost Pressure and Exhaust Manifold Temp in the centre three Defi Gauges (still sourcing the black bezels for these!)

And the PLX wideband custom ashtray location requires a little more work to get it to sit perfectly flush but once recessed properly and painted black should finish things off nicely.

Edit: Curtis was responsible for the ashtray mount if you want one of those.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned