The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radiator

gvr4ever

Where are you guys ordering a new radiator from? How much is it setting you back? It can be a stock replacement.

Last edited:

Dan D

I got one from radiator barn. It was $80 or $90. Metal endtanks. Seems to be doing well after 3 years of use.

gvr4ever

Cool thanks. Rock auto has them too in the $110-140 range. I have to double check that the radiator is the problem, but the car is full of new seals and hoses and I smell coolant every time I drive it. The radiator looked like crap the last time I had it out. Probably a pin hole or something.

blacksheep

Quoting gvr4ever:
Where are you guys ordering a new radiator from? How much is it setting you back? It can be a stock replacement.

napa has modine all metal ones - what I did for 3 or 4 of the gvr4s....It comes with auto tranny fittings on it for some reason, you just have to block those.

jepherz

Staff member
I bought one of these, welded on a bung for the fan switch and made a few quick spacers and it fits like stock. Probably performs way better too (It's THICK).

AWDnot2

I have a radiator and cap if you want it. Cover shipping and you can have it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned