The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1172/2000 semi build

Sup guys i've been having 1172 for a while now. Had some issues with it such as blown turbo,and some wiring issues. As of now the blown turbo got me to do a little build.
As of now am waiting to install. I will try to keep updating as i go along with the build.
I have removed abs,ps,and gutted trunk. Waiting on 5lug swap. SSR Type c wheels buying from a friend.

Port and polish Head. Being sent out next week
65mm throttle body
ARP Head Studs
BC Springs, and retainers
Aem cam gears
Camshaft???? Don't which one going for Kelford, or HKS
Cometic HG
I have scm6052 but not sure if am going to use. I got a deal for a Brand new T-76 Ball Bearing
Aem Uego
3"in full exhaust.
Front mount intercooler
As Management not sure with either Mafpro,Or Ostrich.
img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice. What are your goals for the car? I'd return the Cometic hg & replace it with a stock hg.

My goals for the car is to make over 500hp and try to runs 10s. I See that everyone uses the mls gasket and some other the cometic am going to use this one since i already got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

524of1000

^+1 on returning the cometic. I had just built the engine and the headgasket was leaking. NEVER STARTED IT, it just started leaking. ALOT. I popped in an OEM gasket and no leaks. Good luck on the build though!

Knock on wood, my gasket's working fine. I've always heard good things of the cometics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Commonly used on dsm's
What are the bad issues with them? For future ref.

What would you guys the think the spool of a t-76 ball bearing spool with my setup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned