The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1G Seats in Vr4

BoostedAWD91

Just curious if anyone has every tried or knows if u can fit the 1G front seats into a Vr4 without to much hastle. I know most people will think its stupid but i have a set of the 1G Black leather Seats and the only reason i would consider trying it is cause they are 100x more comfortable than the vr4 seats

fivestardsm

Try it and let us all know. From what I have seen, it looks like you can just remove the entire assembly from the seat base, and swap them out.

I have been going to do this, but just never got around to it. I also wanted to try the 3G seats. They are also very comfortable, and the design of them would match to the back seats pretty nicely.

Whoodoo

I dont understand why people think VR4 seats are so uncomfortable. Maybe yours are worn out? My car has 136k on it and the seats are on par with many of the new mercedes and bmw seats i've sat in recently. Of course everyone's different and it may be body fits the seats just right.

Sorry, didn't mean to jack your thread... I doubt they will directly bolt in though; the floor pans look very different. But like with evo seats, you can always do it with some angle steel and a welder.

BoostedAWD91

basically depends on the location of the car and how the seats were treated over the years. My buddies seats in his vr4 are very very comfortable and mine are hard as a rock.

turbofonz

Quoting Whoodoo:
I dont understand why people think VR4 seats are so uncomfortable.

I was going to say. My seats are SO comfortable. Some of the comfiest car seats I've sat in.

fivestardsm

Quoting Whoodoo:
I dont understand why people think VR4 seats are so uncomfortable.

I think that first off it comes down to the person. Not everyone sleeps on the same type of mattress because of the comort level i.e. the firmness.

There is a little bit of a difference between the 91 and 92 seats that most people would not even realize. The 92 leather is actually a bit softer because of the different quality of the hide used. It is pretty much the same with the DSM's. They went to a different grade leather and inturn they were a bit more suptle. If you could look at the 91 and 92 seats next to each other, you would notice a difference just on the lower bulsters. The 92 back seats, for example, have the lower bulster wich is leather, and the 91 is a different material.

Anyway, I have 2 set of the 92 seats, and 2 sets of the 91's and I have driven a few others with both 91 and 92 seats. From what I have noticed, the seams on the upper seem to rub right in my middle/lower back and annoy the hell out of me. Its Not quite as bad with the 92's as it is with the 91's that I drove back from Missouri a few years ago. My back hurt for days.

Granted, the condition of the leather plays a big role in the softness of the seats aswell.

These are just my $.02's though.

Also, who all knows who made the leather seats for the VR4's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

dsmless

My 92 seats were torn and very hard which in turn made them into a killer recipe for a week long sore back, a buddy of mine gave me the black vinyl racing seats from checkers, and they felt very good so with a sheet of 3/16 thick and about the lenght and width of the seat holes/studs they bolt up and recline, just had to make a bracket for the beatbelt out of angle rail, overall it cost me like 12 bucks, but look and feal very good, even on 300+ mile road trips, but then again this is just my taste

Polish

Quoting fivestardsm:
I think that first off it comes down to the person. Not everyone sleeps on the same type of mattress because of the comort level i.e. the firmness.

Exactly, it is completely opinion based. That is like saying I don't understand why someone doesn't like Liver and Onions, it's just ones opinion. I don't recall disliking the VR4 seats but I don't recall them being the most comfortable seats ever. It is just personal taste.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting Polish:
Quoting fivestardsm:

Exactly, it is completely opinion based. That is like saying I don't understand why someone doesn't like Liver and Onions, it's just ones opinion. I don't recall disliking the VR4 seats but I don't recall them being the most comfortable seats ever. It is just personal taste.

It would help to have all the seats on a comparable playing field though to see who really likes them and who really doesn't. The test of time has been horrible for some cars and they are left with cardboard leather, where some have really soft comfy leather. After sitting in a good condition set, if somebody's opinion is that they're still sh*t, than so be it.

fivestardsm

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting Polish:
Quoting fivestardsm:

It would help to have all the seats on a comparable playing field though to see who really likes them and who really doesn't. The test of time has been horrible for some cars and they are left with cardboard leather, where some have really soft comfy leather. After sitting in a good condition set, if somebody's opinion is that they're still sh*t, than so be it.

I have a set that came from #27 that are in remarkable condition. The car only had 60 or 70K on it, there is not alot of mileage, and not much wear from the elements either. It was garaged for 95% of its life. They are more comfortable then others I have, but the stitch still hits me in the same spot on my back.

Polish

Quoting turbowop:

Werd, mine were pretty stiff iirc.

EMX5636

I think the Galant seats are super-comfy. Just don't have much support for spirited driving. I have a set of black leather Sebring/Avenger seats that I was going to try putting in. I decided not to use them, because I think I prefer a more Evo styled seat. If anyone wants them to put in their car, PM me. I gotta get them out of the way.

I would like to look into the 3G seat idea. I even was looking into Audi TT leather seats. I really would like to keep leather and something that feels pretty plush, but has much better side bolsters.

curtis

I always like the conquest seats but never found a good set. Here's a set in rough condition. The starions had some really cool ones as well that were a little different looked for images but found none.
click me

I posted a similar question before and we came to the conclusion that no other seats would bolt directly in:

click

I am surprised that 1g seats wouldn't bolt in. Could someone please confirm either way?

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts