The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whiteline rear swaybar, 27mm?

I have some trubble getting the bushing over the rear swaybar. If I use force then the bushing doesn't look to happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I took and measured the bar and it is 27mm in diameter and the bushing says 26mm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Is this somehow usual or did whiteline accidentally use the wrong bar/tube?

curtis

Probably the powdercoat is a little thick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Maybe, if that's the case, then it's one think layer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I can't get the D-bracket over the bushing (when on the bar) without it being totaly deformed/squeezed. It isn't even possible to close that bushing (at least 4mm until it's fully closed when using force).

The front bar however measured correct, 22mm and no trubble at all getting the bushing over it!

Polish

I had to do the same when installing an upgraded rear bar on another Mitsu I had. ^

Ok, but you were able to get the bushing closed when it was installed? Or doesn't it have to be fully closed?

turboflanagan

I just went out to take a look and the one I sort-of saw (car sits too low to get a good look) was fully closed. Mechanical advantage of the bolt and all. I am sure it just squeezed the pee out of the bushing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned