The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

help selling car

I had a few questions and need some help. I am most likely going to be selling my car, and to a out of state buyer in NY. I am located in PA and the car is titled in PA, I have the title and it has no liens and is clean. Do i have to go to the dmv or get the title notarized or can i just sign it over and buyer take it with to his dmv in NY. I called my notary and there telling me i have to go to the notary, but his dmv in ny is saying i dont. Anyone from PA ever sell a car out of state, hows it work???

1gnasty

i dont know if the law change but when i bought my galant and my talon they had out state tittle all the last owner did was sign the tittle and i was on my way,they didnt ask for any extra stuff in dmv just for the sign tittle

Last edited:

Muskrat

Law depends on the state the car is going to, not where it's comming from.

In PA you need to have the title notarized. In NY you don't. So if the owner is in NY just sign it over.

BTW, it's really buyer's responsibility to make sure all laws, and regulations get done that need to in order for him to register it.

From your end, it might not be a bad idea to write up a bill of sale with all the conditions of the sale, and have signed copies. Sort of a CYA type of thing.

Last edited:

well i just got the title notarized and signed into his name, he should be coming sunday...

so basically all i need to do is give him the title and car, and remove my plate... do i need to do a bill of sale or anything or should i be good

Muskrat

It's a cover your ass type of thing. If there's anything in particular you've disclosed that could become a major issue later, note it in the bill of sale. That way he can't come back claiming foul.

It's not nessisary, but I usually do one just for peace of mind.

boostingwild

you dont need to notarize the title, just sign it. just make sure you give him bill of sale cause we need that in ny to register the car. its a new thing they just started doing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts