The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Speakers need info

so what size are the 2 fronts the mids and rear and what is the best combination for our setup w/o amp?

curtis

I'll also add there's plenty of places on the car to add more if you want them. I have some small highs mounted in the b pillar just below head level then I found a small set of boxes from a izuzu trooper that are designed to mount on the rear area sides and I mounted them on the rear doors and theres small highs mounted there as well. The rear doors and the highs I just mentioned are powered by my head unit then there's an amp running the factory locations then I have a memphis bell pushing a sub in the trunk. I know for someone that builds performance sh*t and is always preaching about cutting weight I should be the last one talking about amps and subs but its a street car and I do like clear load music I ain't that old yet.

The sub I had was a freebie blaupunkt 8 in a nice mdf box then I added a sheet of mdf in front of the sub and spaced it out about an 1 inch air gap and actually kept it safe from anything hitting it and did lower the frequency it seemed. I in my head felt like it hit harder. Later I ended up with two 8 inch memphis bells and then a 12 then I also have a bazooka tube with built in amp. So don't know what I'll use.

But I'm actually planning on mounting the amps in the box with a fan pulling air through and then have all the wires and cables connected to some industrial style disconnects so if I want to pull the box it will be flips some release latch pins and one big connector and I'm done. Instant weight loss.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts