The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which seats bolt directly in?

Hello,

I will post my newbie introduction here later, but I was really wondering which seats are direct bolt ins.
I did some searching but found far too much information and none of it seemed to pertain to this question
although it is possible that I missed it.

Thanks!

As long as a seat manufacturer sells the seat brackets for the E39A their seats will work. So you want to 1st look for a manufacturer who sells brackets & see if you like their seats. Otherwise, mega superstore Curtisco (..aka Curtis) sells seat brackets to bolt-in the Evo 8-9 seats.

MMCVR4

Wedge Engineering makes custom seat brackets for the GVR-4. They also makes seat brackets for RECARO, SPARCO, OMP, MOMO seats, etc.

Sorry for any confusion, what I was really wondering was which factory seats would work.

For example would DSM seats bolt directly in?

The other information you provided is very helpful though. There is a fair possibility that I might go
aftermarket, but factory seat swaps has always fascinated me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MMCVR4

I don't think there are really any other direct bolt on seats. Some fabrication are needed on other seat brackets to make them fit directly on the VR-4. You can try using the OEM seat brackets with other seats, but you will probably have to drill extra holes, or they might not even work at all.

blacksheep

Quoting MMCVR4:
Wedge Engineering makes custom seat brackets for the GVR-4. They also makes seat brackets for RECARO, SPARCO, OMP, MOMO seats, etc.

Did they start again - a few years ago I called and aske and they said they did not anymore...

MMCVR4

I had some seat brackets made for RECARO SRD seats on my Celica 4WD over a year ago. At least that's what I was told from Options Auto Salon, where I bought them from.

Edit: It was just the seat base that I had done. The seats I bought came with sliders.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts