The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1992 TSI Autorev Issues...

punisher

My 1992 Tsi is running funny. When it is warm and I raise the rpms before I let out the clutch, the car will autorev between 1100 and 1500 rpm. It kills the low end power and makes the car difficult to drive. If I can keep the revs around 3k, it drives pretty ok, but I don't like hot rodding around like that. It only happens when warm and only at low rpms. The car runs like a champ while warming up.

The car is stock, except for 2g pistons, bse, 2g manifold, buschur uicp, k&n filter with a hacked air can. Its a basic car, just being used as daily transportation.

punisher

Hmm. Good read. I just now replaced the isc with a good spare that I keep around and took the car for a spin around the block. Sure enough it still does it. It isn't an idle issue, the car idles great. It only happens when I give it a little gas to get it rolling.

punisher

Any ideas? Suggestions, at this point I'll try almost anything.

belize1334

Could be a faulty tps or closed-throttle-switch. Get a datalogger and you'll be able to trouble-shoot it.

punisher

Went back to the basics and did a boost leak test. My bov wasn't holding air at all, it functioned fine, just leaked all the air back into the recirc pipe. No leaks whatsoever other than that. Replaced the bov and she seems to be back to normal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned