The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone run stock pressure plate with aftermarket disc???

sleepyvr4

I threw in an ACT Flywheel, a custom 6 puck "unsprung" disc (clutch.net) and stock pressure plate -

WHAT A SWEET SETUP.

I am sure people have done this in the past - my impression:

Driveability: 7/10

Pedal Pressure: 10/10 nuff said

Does it Grab? 10/10 cuts the front tires loose when building boost in 2nd and at 1-2 shift

Does it slip? 7/10 just get used to where it grabs and you're set

Chattering: 8/10 only happens occasionally when downshifting - no clutch noise, just car jittering

I got the disc and fly for $150 - I know stock flywheels have had the tendency to come apart under certain applications in the past - so I am not sure if an aftermarket flywheel is a necessity but ? ultimate clutch setup for BUDGET people - just get a puck disc.

I'm running the opposite setup from you in a matter of speaking (ACT 2600 w/street disk) but would like to go back to a setup like yours. I had a semisprung 4 puck before this, and I think a sprung 6 puck disc would be a happy compromise. Let us know how it is after a few thousand miles.

belize1334

I recently installed the ClutchNet sprung 6-puck with their Red 2x pressure plate. I have to say, the disk appeared to be exceptionally well made and I really like the fully enclosed spring cages. Driveability on this thing (still in the break in period) really isn't that bad and I can imagine that it'd only be easier w/ a lighter pressure plate. ACT lists 412ft-lbs for their 2100 w/ sprung 6-puck so I suspect that a 6-puck w/ an oem clutch will be something more like 350 ft-lbs since the OEM pp is gonna have roughly 20% less clamping force than an ACT2100.

sleepyvr4

that sounds about right - I put about 300 miles on it so far and loving it. Beat the everlivin piss out of it yesterday, track tomorrow. Hooking up launch control today. Crossing fingers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned