The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Play in gas pedal

I have a bit of play in my gas pedal. How do I eliminate it? I checked out the throttle body and there doesn't seem to be any play there. The wire traces back to a black box so it doesn't seem to be directly to the gas pedal. Any ideas? Thanks.

turbowop

Do you still have cruise control? If so the cable goes from the throttle body to the cruise unit, then through a series of pulleys/magic in that box and back to the gas pedal. I think a little play is normal with cruise, otherwise you'll need to delete it for better throttle response and a lighter pedal feel.

Yep, still got cruise control although I've never used it. I think removing the cruise control may be the path for me. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned