The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what should I do with #461

slugsgomoo

Aside from some need to remove some junk (like the rest of the 4ws crap) and the need to source a four bolt axle and front mount, I basically have everything to finish my car.

I'm just not sure I care anymore. It's a retarded amount of money and I don't know if I care enough anymore to even want to bother.

Also, this week has sucked ass and I kind of feel like I'd feel better if i was more financially secure and a part out would definitely do that for me.

list of the crap I have

what say you people of gvr4?

p.s. if you start lowballing me in this thread and you're not part of irc cr3w I will stab you in the eye and it'll look like this

381gvr4

Based on the list it is time that is required and not money! Go to work by day and make sickness by night! If you were closer I'd be down to lend a hand!!!!

PLUS the car will be SICKKK with the parts list you have. You already spent the cash! I banish you to the garage!!! Or you end up like this..... click

Last edited:

Lonewolf64

I think you'd regret selling it and would eventually start it all over again. Just keep it, and chip away at it a little bit at a time.

Barnes

Yes you would be fiscally more sound to part it all out. But you probably would not be happy. So you have to weigh what makes you happier.

I think you should finish the project simply because you are so close. Worse case you get it together, and decided to part it out. At least at that point you won't be wondering what it would be like if you had finished it.

Otherwise, I call dibs on your JDM bumpers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

ercp98

i don't know how long you have been part of jsb crew. so, i say, go get a ride from someone who has a turbo charged car. the rush always gives me the need again. and i go back to my car and wrench at it a little at a time.
finish it up and put a smile on your face while you rip through the gears of a boosted car.

fivestardsm

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
I'll give $10.28, and a package of trident triple layers.

And a picture of SC's mamma.. naked!

slugsgomoo

Quoting ercp98:
i don't know how long you have been part of jsb crew. so, i say, go get a ride from someone who has a turbo charged car. the rush always gives me the need again. and i go back to my car and wrench at it a little at a time.
finish it up and put a smile on your face while you rip through the gears of a boosted car.

my dad has my old talon and it's nicely built (but not near this level) and i've been daily driving it on nasty weather days lately. Honestly, I ride a hayabusa as my daily driver, so the whole "rush of speed" thing is kind of worn off a bit.

I am kind of scared that i'll regret parting it out though, since I wanted this car for years before i ever had one, blah blah blah. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

fivestardsm

You know I am pretty biased, but i would say i agree with a few others. keep it and put it together and just keep the mind set as your taking a loss with what ever you do for one of these. That way you always know it and you wont want to, or need to get rid of it.

I also ry to trick myself into thinking about maintnace, when you keep a car for 5-10 years, you dont realize what the total you put into is. Well unless you think about it, but if you add it up, its about the same as buying everything at once. It just dosent sting as much when it is done over time.

This is the only reason i can sleep at might with what I spend.

turbowop

You'd be stupid to part it out at this point. Just finish the piece of sh*t.

I'll be there to laugh at you when you blow the motor or something else goes wrong after spending countless hours putting it back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

deez

Lets see a pic of this thing

slugsgomoo

Quoting turbowop:
You'd be stupid to part it out at this point. Just finish the piece of sh*t.

I'll be there to laugh at you when you blow the motor or something else goes wrong after spending countless hours putting it back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

srsly, i need to sell my spare rods and pistons so i can have the cash to do the front mount and such. It is mostly just time. Given that i have a gvr4 1st gear still, i'm guessing stripped teeth are the next big fiasco in my future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Currentish pics:

galant1.jpg

galant2.jpg

bumpers aren't fully mounted and I have some goo-gone'ing to do on the front bumper from the packing tape /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad3.gif The CF hood is living in the house until the car is running since there's no reason to let the sun annihilate it any sooner than necessary.

deez

Thats going to be one sweet car when its done. If I wasn't already pissed off at my car, I'd offer to take it off your hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've always wanted a KG car. But I don't think I could handle two cars pissing me off! Keep it and get er done

Brianawd

If you give up now, then next time I see you I'm going to kick you in the balls. It first has to run for you to blow it up. Only after you blow it up can you part it out. If you don't blow it up then you have to keep it. Thats how it is so deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4Grim

From a person that had to let go of a car for pretty much the same reasons you are debating....I say keep it man. I had a car that I had to let go and i was not happy with my decision after a few months. I eventually got another one and had to start all over with that one which was fine but in the end was more expensive and the deals I found some parts I had and sold I just couldnt replace the deal I originally bought them.

Keep the car man...so far it looks like its going to be one sweet Galant

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts