The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

brisvr4

Well I made it out to the track tonight for the first time since I toasted my old clutch.
I have just installed a Quartermaster twin plate ( yesterday! ) and have had about 20 minutes worth of seat time with it prior to heading out to the track.
I had almost 3/4 tank of E85 on board and I found it a bit tricky to launch, it kept feeling like it was bogging but my mate was telling me that it didn't look like it was. He was taking video of the runs so I'll post one up when I get a copy.
I really am hoping that my times should start dropping once I learn how to drive the thing properly! My 60ft time on that run was 1.755 on stock rims and 195/60 tyres.
I will be converting to full SD in the next couple of weeks so hopefully that will help too.

NateCrisman

Nice....making progress is the important part. If you can chip away at your ET every time you go to the track by better driving, better tuning, setup improvements, and the occasional modification: it will always be fun. I'm not sure about your track prep and all, but tires are huge for the 60's as Im sure you know. What specific 195/60 are you running?

brisvr4

Thanks Nate, I'm running Pirelli Dragon's. No idea if they are decent or not though? They seem to stick ok at about 30psi pressure?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts