The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my tires grew a size today :hsugh:

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

So 205/70r15 is a bit bigger than stock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Probably 2" or so in height. The tires on there now are 205/50r15, which are a little shorter than stock. I might have to raise the coilovers a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Toyo Observes for $50 off Craigslist ftw. Ready for snowdrifts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rock.gif

944ae623a953551.jpg

Last edited:

Barnes

Oh man. That's sweet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

thecman02

LMAO that front tire makes the back look ridiculous, or is it the other way around HAHAH?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Polish

Going Mudding Mark? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbowop

ZOMG! This is awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

They all fit without coilover adjustment, and taking it around the block didn't cause any rubbing issues. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Now it's time for some red rally flaps and that snow camo paint job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fronts mounted:

944ae62ceb8c00f.jpg

Both:

944ae62cebc9ca2.jpg

944ae62cec09a8c.jpg

Ready for winter battle! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rock.gif

Last edited:

Barnes

Holy crap. Makes you wonder what you could put on by lifting the coilovers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Is your ride height stock? Well... or close to stock?

turbowop

Naw, it's actually lowered a little. I think you could go pretty big, but might be limited when turning. I didn't want to mess with raising it up due to possibly having to get it realigned, but I may raise the front an inch or so. Never realized it was raked until the bigger tires made it more obvious.

Jon, I actually picked these things up in Kennewick. There's a set of Blizzaks in the same size for sale in Walla Walla for $100 with 9/32's of tread left. New they have 12/32's. Craigslist is awesome for snow tires.

Barnes

Oh crap. Maybe I should get on that. Only 30min drive too.

kartorium

damn straight you're suppose to forward me the email. They would be for a friend though, so if you find them Jon, go ahead and grab them. My buddy is in hawaii at the moment anyways.

NateCrisman

Awesome. we need to have complimentary posts all the time.

rubbing on turning is def the problem well before you get into rubbing from bottoming out/too low.

turbowop

Oh man. I didn't even think to compare this to the guys that have ran slicks. I'm sure your setup is as big or bigger, right?

NateCrisman

26 x9.5 x 16. yeah they look bigger than your snows, probobly about the same outside diameter, but the slicks are huge wide. They rub my fender liners in front of the tire on turns. Good thing they don't have to turn much.

Barnes

Quoting kartorium:
damn straight you're suppose to forward me the email. They would be for a friend though, so if you find them Jon, go ahead and grab them. My buddy is in hawaii at the moment anyways.

Alright. I've already got snows, but they are some old studded tires from Slugs. So non-studded biggies would be sweeeet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned