The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car runs poorly after injector install, help?

Chim55117

I just installed some PTE 880cc injectors from Curtis, having pulled my FIC 650cc's out. When I start the car, it will run super rough for 5-10 seconds, then just shut off? What's going on here? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the noob question... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Chim55117

I have DSMLink, but the car is not yet tuned. I may have to trailer it over to my local shop to be tuned soon. The car was tuned for FIC 650cc's. I just wanted to ask to be absolutely sure that it is simply because it is not compensated.

So, in a manner of speaking...

My few seconds of running and then dying is due to too much fuel? That excess fuel is flooding and killing the car?

Thanks in advance.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Adjust the deadtime and global settings with dsmlink and then start it.
In your case deadtime should be 420 and global -45%

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Start reading here

In your case deadtime should be 420 and global -45%

Last edited:

Brianawd

You need to more your global to -47 and set your deadtime to 330. Now those #s are for a base fuel pressure of 37psi.

Its supper easy to do. Just connect dsmlink to your car. Then go to the ECU then fuel. Once your in the fuel screen look down at the bottom and you will see global and deadtime. Just change them to the #s I posted.

prove_it

You'll need to know which link verson you have. If it's V3 there is an actual injector size selecton spot in fuel.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts