The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

46/1000 Makes a New Friend

Chim55117

Saturday, I took the roof rack off the VR-4. Then my friend and his dad stopped by. The car? A 1969 Chevrolet Camaro totally rebuilt with a 477 inside. I had my friend back out the VR-4 while I snapped some pictures of the beauties.

My friend's dad ended up driving the VR-4. Needless to say, he liked it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

006-12.jpg

007-10.jpg

008-11.jpg

009-7.jpg

014-7.jpg

012-7.jpg

018-4.jpg

His dad - This thing is a 4 cylinder? Huh... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
Him - Yea. It's really really slow... (sarcasm) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

019-4.jpg

Later that night...
001-26.jpg

I was force to mount the front plate. Stupid Minnesota two plate law...

Last edited:

1badgvr4

How old are you to be the youngest member? That car is the only one i've seen that looks good with black bumper trim.

2of9

what's under your car in the last pic? I think you live quite close to my cousin's house by the looks of the apartment building in the background. Keep that GVR4 clean man. just don't crash it this winter! This year has been treating my friends/cousin's cars pretty badly this year.

GIjoe

^^+1. nice car!

Ian M

Nice looking Galant. I'm a little envious,at 16 I was driving a old hooptie '76 Buick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

BTW,that's a '68 Camaro,not a '69. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Looks like a nicely done car too.

Last edited:

prove_it

Yep that settles it, I'm taking the chrome strips off of 715. Looks way way way better. Where do you get the black trim peices?

324vr4

Pop 'em and paint 'em...that's your only method to getting them...unless you're really good at taping things off...then spray and pray...but yes, that looks great without the chrome!

Lonewolf64

OP, if you really are 16 years old then congratulations on one of the sweetest rides you could ask for at that age! I know, because I got my vr4 when I was 16 as well, but it was not nearly as modded or as clean as your is. However, that gave me plenty of room to make it mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just remember to be really responsible. That is a lot more car to handle than 99% of 16 year olds have to deal with. Also get ready surprise the sh*t out of some rich yuppies at school with their new Mustangs/SRT4s/etc. being left behind in the dust. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

1badgvr4

I got mine at 15 also. It was fun and I also had a few oh sh*t moments during those times lol.

turbofonz

Woah, what a great looking Galant.

Great job with it. The camaro is not too bad either.

dc_style

haha.. yeh, he better be good to the car. it's handed down to him from me... had to keep it in the family. so no worries guys, i'm keeping him in check /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif no winters for this car.

how big are the RPF1's I think for the color of your car, there perfect. And what suspension do you have?

JackbNimble

Quoting dc_style:
haha.. yeh, he better be good to the car. it's handed down to him from me... had to keep it in the family. so no worries guys, i'm keeping him in check /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif no winters for this car.

Heh, wish I had someone in my family to hand me a VR4.

I bought my GGSX when I was 17. I'm 19 now and if it wasn't for the fact that I had my grandfather (who owned his own mechanic shop for 40+ years) to help me with repairs I probably would have gotten rid of it. However, now I'm in love with the car and am glad I didn't. What is it with these cars that makes them enticing no matter how old you are?

prove_it

It's when you walk up to it and notice that it looks like just another 18 year old car and think huh 18 years old, it can't be that great. Then you realize that there is more technology in it than most cars today. Then you drive it and realize how stable and high sprited it really is. THEN you mod it, then you beat the sh*t out of car after car after car all the while looking like an everyday ordinary 18 year old sedan. There are very few early 90's cars that can hit 10sec quarters. Most of them are sports cars or muscle cars. Then you have the GVR4. It's pretty sweet.

streetmasters

wow nice car bro! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif not bad at 16- at this rate you will be in an SL55 AMG when you are 23 LOL- Keep it Clean my man!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned