The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

169/1000

Like some of you guys know, i'm looking for a gvr4 shell in the US to import to the Netherlands. I was looking at one with the badgenumber 169/1000 and it's quite interesting. Does somebody know something more about that car? Did someone on this board previously own it?

fivestardsm

Do you have a Picture of it? I dont have that one in my file. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Also, if you have the VIN#, that would help out tremendously. If not, just do a search for the registry. It might be noted that it was put in by the badge#.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It was (is?) owned by Kris in West Virgina. Board name "speedfiend".

Yes, i've got a pic of it. It used to be a Belize green one, but it was painted another shade of green.
It was owned by "simple" as well, quite some time ago.

img.php

img.php

Timing belt broke, quite some missing parts, but it's rebuildable. It's going to take time and lots of money(going to cost lots of money even get her here...)

Quite interested if someone knows something more about that car.

Define "worth". We aren't talking about cars wich are worth 10K+ I want a shell, and this is one of the better ones around(as far as i can judge).

I want a shell for several reasons. One of them is that i don't want to fix other people their mistakes, but i want to start from the beginning. Another reason is that i'm always complaining when somebody parts a gvr4, and now i've got the chance; i want to "save" one. And now it at least has a reason to be JSB.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

thecman02

heheh join the JSB club!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Then i'll have 3 6th gens to join the JSB club with..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

HHIVR4

Not trying be a smart ass just doesnt make sense to me pay more to ship the car than the car is worth.Im surprised to can't find one on your side of the pond..

atc250r

Staff member
Wouldn't it be more cost effective to find one that was imported from Japan already? Then you'd have the nicer bumpers and stuff without having to pay to have it shipped across the Atlantic. I know they are hard to come by in your country but maybe you can buy one in the U.K. and bring it home?

John

Quoting HHIVR4:
Not trying be a smart ass just doesnt make sense to me pay more to ship the car than the car is worth.Im surprised to can't find one on your side of the pond..

Call me a moron or whatever, but i just want an US gvr4. If there even are a few 6th gen vr4's on a meeting, they are always JDM. I want to stand out, and have something else. Besides that, it would be hard to get a JDM one here as well. The only "vr4's" that are over here are modified dynamic 4's (gsx) with a 4g63t. And i don't want that. I want a REAL vr4. And i want an US one. Don't ask me why, because i prob. couldn't give you a perfect reason for it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Besides from that, i've got my chance now to really "save" an US gvr4 shell. No more parting out or crushing for that one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shipping a JDM vr4 from Japan would prob cost thesame if not more compared to shipping an US vr4, so that wouldn't make a difference. And i kind of want a shell. Not only to "save" it, but to start from the beginning.

Guess i'm just infected with the 6th gen virus, and can't think clearly...
uhh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

RedTwo

Ship a JDM VR4 to the USA, sell the parts for huge $$$, buy a US VR4 for less $$$ and ship to Europe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbowop

How much are you looking to spend? Do you already have an idea of what it's going to take to ship the thing? I know of a really clean, rust free shell that already has a new paintjob near me. It was a project that never got finished.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned