The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

6 point roll bar

Brianawd

So there is a new company that is local to me that will bend up Roll bars and hoops. I am going to take my car to them and see what it would cost to have the main hoop and rear bars bent up. For the rear bars I am going to have them follow the rear roof line then go down through the rear deck lid. Should be easy. What I am wanting to know is if the price is right would any one be interested. You would have to come up with your own door bars and harness bar + the plates. That is all easy.

NateCrisman

Have you checked the rulebook regarding main hoop spacing from drivers helmet? I think it's something like 8" behind, which if your a full size dude, likely puts your main hoop right in the center of the rear foot area. If you can come up with a legal nhra bar and still keep the rear seats useable then I'm all in.

Brianawd

The bar has to be within 6in of the rear of the driver's head and extend in height at least 3" above the driver's helmet.

So you can still keep your foot room.

slugsgomoo

You're still going to do a 6 point bar Brian? I figured that since you were ~4mph from needing a 10 point you'd go that route. Just curious.

Brianawd

Quote:
You're still going to do a 6 point bar Brian? I figured that since you were ~4mph from needing a 10 point you'd go that route. Just curious.

Its close but I don't think I am going to brake the 135mph on the FP3052. It may have a few more MPH to go but I should still stay blow 135mph. If for some reason the car is able to trap over 135mph(been thinking about getting some weight out of the car) I will just add the the front hay-low and bars.

Brianawd

Its a place my friend found. I am going to try and take my car there some time next week and see what the cost will be.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned