The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Boarderline retardation: where is my temp sensor?!

324vr4

I'm have my fan wired to "always on" and have eliminated the OE fan setup and have lost the OE fan switch/sensor...I need to know where I can find a OE fan switch at? Aside from a factory purchase...

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Junk yard or Jnztuning.com
I believe the sensor is located at the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side. If its no longer there what did you plug the hole with?

324vr4

I plugged the hole with a bolt...consequently is also duals as my rad. drain...I'd order from JNZ if they actually sent their products out when they say they would. Thanks for the advice...may check a junkyard for one...

prove_it

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
I'm pretty sure it's on the driver's actually. I could be wrong though.

Nope, it's under the fan kinda by the turbo inlet, very bottom of the radiator. Passenger's side.

I believe I have one laying around, but by the time I ship it to ya, you'd might as well go get a new one from checkers or autozone.

324vr4

I appreciate all the advice and help...I HAVE located one from my buddy at DynoJet...will be wired in this evening...Thanks guys

prove_it

Your welcome!

SmoothCustomer

Quoting prove_it:
Quoting SmoothCustomer:
I'm pretty sure it's on the driver's actually. I could be wrong though.

Nope, it's under the fan kinda by the turbo inlet, very bottom of the radiator. Passenger's side.

I believe I have one laying around, but by the time I ship it to ya, you'd might as well go get a new one from checkers or autozone.

Damn it. I knew it was on the passengers I was just thinking about it as if I were looking at the car from the front. I said to myself "left, yeah...that's passenger's..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Research it and find the part number, but there's a BW temp sensor that is the same for like $9.

atc250r

Staff member
They have them at rockauto.com IIRC.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned