The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Makeover of 1439

Some of you may know I got back my old Galant. While in TX it got hailed on unfortunately but when I got it back about 3 mos ago I went to work.I thought pdr would do the trick but it was too expensive forwhat is is so I said screw it and went for a makeover. Car is getting two toned white on top black on bottom with a vented jdm carbon hood and carbon trunk. These are the first picture of the reassembly the jdm bumpers, cladding and rockers are all black and have not been put back on yet. Carbon stuff/92 "VR-4" center section tailights may go on tomorrow if I have the time but hopefully by next week she'll be back together 100%. So these are just kinda teaser pics I guess until the real updates start flowing.

Lighting sucks and you can't really tell but man, no dents or dings is a good feeling. Disregard the hood, bumpers, and trunk as they are not the ones being used and they didnt get paint.

newpaint004.jpg

newpaint003.jpg

newpaint002.jpg

newpaint001.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Can't wait to see the final product /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. One thing with these cars is you either do it right or leave it the hell alone. Looks like it's going to be ready for the calendar afterall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

KT

^ Kung Fu

Quoting turbowop:
Panda. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah I like the look. It'll look similar to this car:

Except no amg wing, black instead of gray and then the cf hood and trunk. I wasn't trying to model it after that particular car but it so happened it'll be close. Should look like a police car when it is all said and done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

More reassembly of the panda express.

That's aircraft epoxy stuff to stop a leak on the top of my IC core, not peanut better in case anybody was wondering.
cf001.jpg

cf006.jpg

cf005.jpg

cf003.jpg

Race cars don't have trunk locks right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif Fitment is close but everything needs more tweaking.

More to come...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay,
You're keeping us in the dark here. I demand you reveal what your plans are for the car NOW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

^I don't have "plans" per se. I just throw parts at the car. I'd like to make it a scary street car that can still compete for the occasional track day. Like REALLY compete. But we'll see about that.

I know that battery kill makes the car look like I'm going to just drag it or something but I really got that to replace the lock tumbler. If you are going to drill into new cf, make it count I guess. The cf trunk is a nice piece but I recommend ditching the stock torsion spring with it. Too light and put too much stress on it. I have keyless with remote trunk popper and that works well.

G

Staff member
Looks hot!

Got the other wheels on and took it for a spin around the block. The SA3A's are staggered (17x7f/8r) and I went with a 1/4 in spacer on all 4 to pull them out more. The car will get lower and more camber but everything felt nice rolling around. First time I had driven her in 4 mos. Back in the garage and really do the last leg.

advans001.jpg

advans003.jpg

advans002.jpg

advans004.jpg

Bumpers and cladding still getting cut and buffed. Another week or so....? Maybe?

^2 reasons

1. The hub would clear better with a spacer.

2. With the offsets I was running no spacer and it looked ok but on all 4 with a 1/4 inch spacer it will look less like a sunken battleship when lowered.

I am happy so far with the advans. I know they are real hit or miss but the car is a old japanese car and the wheels are period correct, not that it matters but I think it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess I fall into the not so fun of those wheels category. I didn't like them when they 1st came out & still don't. Something unique for a car in the States. I vote for the TE-37's to stay on that car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Different spokes for different folks I suppose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I don't like 3 spoke wheels either in general but for some reason SA3's always appealed to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

steve

Quoting crankwalk:
Different spokes for different folks I suppose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I see what you did there.

Polish

I see it too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

And car is looking good Jay, like others I am not a super fan of the 3 spokes but I'm sure once it's a complete car it will look better.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts