The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#715/1000 is now in great hands

prove_it

Well I'm back been a rough summer after I wrecked #1284/2000 back in May. Came to find out the right rear hub locked up in a left hand corner in the rain. Bad day. Well a few weeks back I saw #715 listed for sale and went out and bought her. The owner was a great guy and wow did he take care of it. Big Weave can testify to that. Car was bought bone stock, even had the factory tape player w/ equalizer in it. Nothing was ever taken apart and if it was it was for repairs by certified techs only. She had a broken timing belt and I found I could rock the intake cam back and forth about 40 degrees, I had a built motor laying around from #1284 so.......

Now #715 is bone stock, only with a built engine. I'll have pictures soon. It is beautiful and I've decided to keep as many original parts I can, yet modernize a bit. I plan on keeping her as long as I can and slowly building it.

I finally got it running and drivable and all I can say is wow. Everything is tight and clean. It seriously feels like it went through a time warp and is straight out of 1992. I'm the third owner and the previous owner had it for the last 100,000 miles. Here is the tech specs so far:

1992 Galant Vr-4 #715/1000 Kensington Gray with Sunroof

1989 JDM Galant Vr-4 engine with documented 30,000 miles on it
stock 122,000 mile trans that does not grind and shifts like new
ACT 2100 clutch
Modified slave cylinder with extended slave rod
New clutch master and brake master cylinders
Wiseco 8.5:1 pistons
Eagle rods
Arp head studs
Arp main studs
B/S removed
Cometic head gasket
Port and polished head, and shaved
Polished combustion chambers
Stainless steel polished stem cut nitrate coated valves
Brain Crower Springs and retainers
Hks 264 exhaust/stock intake cams
Cyclone manifold
Polished 2g exhaust manifold
Stock turbo, no play
Stock boost level
Stock intake piping (for now til I can refabricate the pipes. My old ones were set up for no AC)
Cut open intake can
K&N Filter
2.5" crush bent exhaust (for now)
DSMLINK V3 (switching to speed density soon)
Innovate LC-1 wideband
new axles
new brakes
struts have been replaced
absolutely no leaks, drips, seeping fluids, rattles, squeaks, noises, or any damage at all! Does have slight surface rust underneath
no dirt, stains or tears in the interior.
Dash has no peeling, fading, or bubbles. Owner used a sunshade the whole time.
Installing Pioneer 6 1/2" rear and Alpine 6 1/2" door and 4" dash speakers with external amp and stock radio to keep the clean stock look plus the EQ rocks.
Rims are clean
A/C works even has R-12!
Windshield is new
Stock donkey shifter

Pics coming soon. Plans are to keep it a high quality beauty. I am hoping to make it to a few car shows and raise awareness of the GVR4. Thought I would fill everyone in on the Mark II project.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned