The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Any GVR4 owners in phoenix?

I really need to borrow a good ECU for 10 minutes and see if mine is the root of my problems. Is there anyone out there who can help me?

DR1665

There's easily 15 of us in Phoenix, actually. What's going on with the car? Is it drivable?

I'm off 51st Ave and Greenway in Glendale. I should be out in the garage most of the morning tomorrow wrapping up an AC installation. I've got a couple spare ECUs lying around we could try.

Excellent! Yes it is drivable, sorry I missed your earlier message. I am going to test the coolant temp sensor tomorrow. If that is not the problem I would love to test (or buy) one of your ecus. I will get back to you.

Well, the temp sensor leads were bad so I fixed them, but the resistance on the sensor was also not in spec.....and the car still runs like ass. Could I possibly pay you a deposit or something to borrow an ecu while I send mine off to be recapped? Failing that, how much would you want for one?

DR1665

How bad is the board on your ECU? Did the caps leak out acid all over the place?

Depending on how bad it is, we've got the caps in the shop here in town. If your ECU looks repairable, I could just swap you for my spare (which is out of a 91 automatic Talon - works fine) while I fix yours. Zero downtime, might run you five bucks.

Let's take this to PM.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned