The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CFT VR4 new project --VIDEO--MORE PICS-- UPDATE

FCR

Central Florida Turbo(CFT) has a new project a VR4, i was at the shop last wednesday helping in the car. They work a little bit in the dyno with the car and only in 6 runs the car show 821whp @ 9800rpm (mustang dyno). They was in New Jersey DSM event yesterday testing the car for the first time. With launch problems the car run 11.00 @ 140 mph. More news cooming soon. Stay tuned.................

Last edited:

If it's the Nile black one that belongs to Rolo at CFT I saw it when I was at the shop in Orlando last month. I'm glad to hear that they finished the car in time for the NJ event.

Daryl

Nate

I saw this car this weekend - very clean car. Definitely had some trouble with the launch and the heat, but it got MOVING up top. 140 is nice, very nice.

Daryl did mention this car to me when he was here a few weeks ago. Nice power but my thoughts on making a vr4 a drag car is that weight will be the killing factor. If the car starts out as an all out drag car vs a street car turn drag car then it's a different story. However it's always nice to see someone putting these cars on the track. Old girl can still hang with the new cummers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

NYC86ZC

i just posted up a pic in anything goes:
3828455364_448485bb84_b.jpg

FCR

Last edited:

Polish

A bunch of pics of this car were posted in the E town thread in the meets section.

click

Go to the last page.

Awesome car, can't wait to see what it runs with a clean pass.

FCR

Video runing vs turbitrix evo8
click

Last edited:

4Grim

Did this GVR4 used to belong to El Pollo? I think I have seen this GVR4 sit in front of the El Pollo shop years ago.

FCR

Evo III box and diff

rlturbo35

Oh well here we go , the car use to be Jesus Rivera's car , the car use to be build at the begining by Dave Buschur , When the car came from Ohio , we were testing the car in the street and it explote the stock flywheel , damaging the hood,front windshield,cam sensor,cams,front crossmember and a hole bunch of other things...

The car was sitting for 5 years or more at Jesus house, then i decided to do a different project,so we bought the car and start working in it , we have a new set up , from kelford prototype cams to solid lifters , cnc head , aluminum rods , cp pistons 10.1. comp , o ring block w/receiver groves in the head ,etc, etc

We try with no luck the mits greddy t88h gk , the turbo makes 860hp , but it makes full boost at 7800 rpm !!!!!It was too laggy , it was so strong at the dyno but , not good results at the racetrack , we like to go fast down the track, so we swapped it for a new one , it,s called the cft / turbonetics signature series !!!! specs are at the end of the page...

Our main goal is to have a car myself , and also to have fun at the local events and represent my shop , i will be posting all the new stuff and the new records we are gonna be trying with this new project, no head gaskets it's blown yet , and has been over 800hp over 20 times, good luck to all of you guys Rolo.

p.s. updated*** new turbo is tested from turbonetics IT,S CALLED THE C.F.T. DSM KILLER (66 comp wheel /65 TRIM 82 TURBINE HOUSING ,CERAMIC BALL BEARING to4/t3 configuration already at 35 psi make 700hp spool up at 5200 rpm, nice !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

FCR

The car was @ Brandenton today, with the new setup the car run 10.71 @ 135 mph........... betters number cooming soon soon soon!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

bazeng

Very nice!

Is it still running the 3.909 ratio box and diff? Or have you converted to the 3.5 ratio?
Stock box internally?

I'm really curious if you are able to run 10's on the stock evo box.

Great time also!

rlturbo35

Yes still have the mits evo 3 tranny,and 3.909 diff , we should be able to run easy low 10s today at 33 psi , only problem on first pass we do 1.80 0-60 and on second pass 1.78 0-60 we were not lauch in it hard at all , when we try to launch hard it broke an rear axle(stock axles still) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif, but i'm happy with the new turbo from turbonetics really nice in power, car feel so strong ....

We are going back to Orlando Speedworld this wednesday and try to see the low 10s or high 9s , we keep you guys updated, thanks Rolo From C.F.T. www.TUNEDBYCFT.COM

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts