The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

407/1000 Rebuilt

I bought 407/1000 in September of 2003 after looking for a while and it was the nicest one I found in my price range. It only had 90,009 miles on it. The engine was not in the car and it needed a T-case. Included in the deal was a newer rear spoiler and a Fidanza flywheel.

The engine that came with the car was missing the manifold and turbo, once I opened it up the valves where bent too. So, I decided to order a front clip from Malaysia and it never came! Dismayed I turned my attention to other things namely different cars, school and track bikes. Upon graduating from college, I quickly moved to Japan for two years to teach English in Japanese schools and avoided cars completely (didn't need anything to tempt me into buying one when I didn't need it. Plus I had a stable of track bikes and rode them for up to 8 hours everyday.) After moving back, I went to where my car is stored on jack stands and I started looking at it. The same day, an old friend gets in touch with me to tell me he bought a Galant VR4 a few months prior. I took it as a sign of fate, since I had been looking for a DD anyway, I figured I should just rebuild the Galant. I went crazy looking for an engine. After a few weeks I bought car from another board member (his car was burnt but the drive train was good!) Had a few goodies on it; good front bumper, Starion FMIC, Apexi BOV, B16g MHI, MBC, 90 oil cooler housing, low miles 108k, JDM headlights, whiteline springs, nice DP and exhaust. Almost everything else was burnt! Crazy pics below.

After sitting near the woods and half in the sun for 6 years the paint is hurting. Luckily, a friend of my mine covered the windshield with a big piece of cardboard and cover the seats too! (Not to mention the nice purple tint! so late 80's!) No split seats, driver's seats is in ok condition, too.

The paint is going to need to be re-done.

Immediate plans for the car are around 300HP at the wheels as a DD and weekend AutoX car. Future plans would be nice suspension, sway bars, 3KGT brake swap, 5 lug swap and Evo8 Enkei wheels. Roof rack for the bikes!

Hertz

Staff member
That's the whitest door trim I've ever seen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for saving 407!

Quoting Hertz:
That's the whitest door trim I've ever seen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for saving 407!

comparing it to pics from the day I got it.

Picked a 1G Power Steering rack NO more 4WS. (Figured this was a no brainer since the engine is out)

Started cleaning the calipers to paint them yellow... J/k going to paint them black, hopefully will do a 3KGT swap in the future so this is not going to be a super in depth job.

Another Galant owner came over and helped me tow the parts car to a friend's house with tools better suited to getting this done fast. Pics of that later.

Picked up an ETS FMIC from another board member... damn this is big compared to the Starion never mind the stock intercooler! WOW! 20-23LBS here I come! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Ps My starion FMIC with pipes it up for sale in the members section

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned