The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Running new rear steer lines.

lunchbox

My friend is bound and determined to keep the rear steer on his Galant even though the lines are very rusty. We have replaced them in a few places and then the next suspect area lets go shortly thereafter.

As far as I know the hard lines are all NLA from the dealer. Is my only option to get stuff from a member here from down south that doesnt have rust?

What is the flare fitting called with the O-ring on it for the PS lines?

Any suggestions as to how to replace all the hard lines and soft lines on the Rear Steer system?

Please dont say "Just delete it" because thats not happening.

Struc

If he wants the rear steering that bad, I know a place that can make it look factory in the area.

Hartland Service
400 E Industrial Drive
Hartland, WI 53029
262-367-4234

They can make and duplicate just about anything. There is a standard auto service place in the front, but in the back is a 2nd shop that specializes in making brake, hydraulic, fuel, etc lines for just about anything. Last time I was there they had lines in stock with the special metric fittings for the rear steering.

See how much he wants to keep the rear steering if he has to pay somebody to do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have a complete set if someone needs them. They are still on the car but look to be in good shape. Some of the lines I have taken off already and are just sitting on the floor. If yourr friend wants to swing up to Grafton they are free for pickup. And if he wants the rear-pump and other stuff they will be free also, he will just need to take them off.
Rob

Quoting lunchbox:
My friend is bound and determined to keep the rear steer on his Galant even though the lines are very rusty. We have replaced them in a few places and then the next suspect area lets go shortly thereafter.

As far as I know the hard lines are all NLA from the dealer. Is my only option to get stuff from a member here from down south that doesnt have rust?

What is the flare fitting called with the O-ring on it for the PS lines?

Any suggestions as to how to replace all the hard lines and soft lines on the Rear Steer system?

Please dont say "Just delete it" because thats not happening.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts