The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

17x7 +47?

17x7 +47

what do you guys think about the offset? i know stock is +46. i looked at the wheel fitment guide and didnt see this wheel size there. im sure it will fit but wanted to get some opinions of the offset. ideally i would have preferred a much more aggressive offset but the wheels i plan on getting are old and discontinued. its also at a great price but i wont be able to test fit them.

thanks.

H05TYL

I think they should fit, unless your running wide tires on the 7" rim.

however they will sit in quite a lot at the rear (especially if it's lowered) and may look a little awkward.

I'm running 17x7's with a +32 offset and some 5mm spacers I had lying around (so effectively +27 offset) and they STILL aren't quite flush with the guards at the rear (car is lowered 30mm or so).

If the wheels are hard to find, and your getting them cheap, i'd take the risk and buy them - you can always sell them if they don't fit/look crap - possibly for a profit too.

^ thanks for the input

may i see pics of your car with the aforementioned wheels?

That is about as pizza cutter fwd size as you could get. I'd hold out until you could get a better offset.

H05TYL

This is the best pic I have on this computer, the wheels your looking at will sit about an inch further in than these.

2008_0102NewYears0004.jpg

and here's a pic on my other one, which is much lower

2009_0619BlackCar0003.jpg

2of9

that's exactly the rim offset I had on the galant for a day. I shoud have taken pictures! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif oh well. The fit perfectly on stock suspension and will not rub. i also ran 225/45/17 Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tires also. The rims will stick out a bit though....If i remember correctly, it's almost about half an inch.

2of9 are you referring to the wheel specs of H05STYL or the one i mentioned?

whats the most aggressive wheel spec you guys have seen without having negative camber? (new topic/thread?)

staggered setup?

Last edited by a moderator:

these are the wheels i was referring to... just wish it had a better offset.

old school Work Mesh wheels...

meshing.jpg

H05TYL

nice wheels! *jealous*

are they 2 or 3 piece? if they are 3 piece you can replace just the outer part of the rim quite cheaply with an extra inch and a half of lip giving you an 8.5 +28 wheel.

depending how much width you add at the lip you could end up with:
8" +34
9" +21
10" +9
firstly though, check there is enough room for the 148mm backspace these rims have (from the hub face in towards the strut in the front, and the trailing arm in the rear).

2of9

Quoting jayb0i:
2of9 are you referring to the wheel specs of H05STYL or the one i mentioned?

whats the most aggressive wheel spec you guys have seen without having negative camber? (new topic/thread?)

staggered setup?

Sorry, I was referring to your specs. Those rims are pretty cool looking though.

here were the rims I had before selling them. they were +47 offset. stuck out just a bit on me.
Rims5.jpg

Quoting H05TYL:
nice wheels! *jealous*

are they 2 or 3 piece? if they are 3 piece you can replace just the outer part of the rim quite cheaply with an extra inch and a half of lip giving you an 8.5 +28 wheel.

depending how much width you add at the lip you could end up with:
8" +34
9" +21
10" +9
firstly though, check there is enough room for the 148mm backspace these rims have (from the hub face in towards the strut in the front, and the trailing arm in the rear).

ohhhh nice. i'll have to find out on the wheels. THANKS

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned