The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1945/2000 badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

4wheelsqueal

Earlier this year, i picked up the shell of 1945/2000 from ripemloose. body was stripped but has very little rust and the price was right (free) so i got it. ripemloose had taken off the dash badge before i picked up the car and he told me he was keeping the title and the badge for sentimental reasons. after i bought most of the body parts and i chunk of the interior, he realized that i was going to put it back together and he gave me the title. about a month later someone was selling a badge off a junkyard car and he said that his was for sale. didn;t think he was going to sell it so i didnlt bug him to sell it. i tried to make him an offer but he had already sold it to someone on this forum. would like to have the original dash badge for this car. i would match what you paid ripemloose for it plus some.
-Andy

turbowop

So he told you he was keeping it for sentimental reasons, then sold it for a profit? Nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Just get another badge and call it a day. Even if he sold it for a profit you can't blame him. He gave you a FREE shell.

JNR

yeah, but he should've offered it to him first...maybe he was clueless though, I would hope...otherwise that's messed up. (yes, I know the car was free)

Struc

insane92

Ripemloose did offer the badge to 4wheelsqueal first.
4wheelsqueal told him he'd give him $x.xx.
Somebody else offered ripemloose more $, so he sold it to that person.
EVERYBODY on here would have done the same thing.

Not being a dick, just giving clarification.

JNR

Can't say I would ($ is not the most important thing to me), but also depends on the difference, though. Say it was $5 vs. $100 and they were aware of it, then yeah. Oh well...

I'd suggest just looking for a different badge (number) and be willing to pay the $100 or so.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting Struc:
Ummmm... Yeah.
Bad Guy Post

WOW a bad guy that gave a shell away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif He's a good guy in my book even if he gave/sold the badge to someone else.
Who cares? Its just a badge, it not related to the vin# or anything like that. Put on another badge or go without one and tell people you have one of the rare few that came without badges.

Yeah, lie to people, that always works well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

number3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts