The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cup holder v2.0

Well, after getting my poor drinks thrown around after a hard turn, I decided to see if I could improve the situation. Today, I hacked the center console to allow installation of a BMW E46 cup holder ( like this ). It sits pretty well overall and only requires a little bit of time to hack. The new cup holder is deeper and has retractable tabs to hold cups better. The old cup holder was only about 1.5 inches deep. The new one is about 1.75 inches to the first rim and close to 3 inches to the second, wider rim. Sorry for being a freakin yuppie, but I like to have a drink handy on those long out of town drives like on CA highway 1 on my way to the oyster farms. Let me know if you guys have any questions. I'm sure someone could improve on this.

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

what is it with old jap cars and cup holders my 300zx dosent even have any and the galants gets in my way, cool install though i half to see if i can snag one from the yard and try it

turbowop

That looks like it works pretty well...if you like putting your drinks where your elbow is supposed to sit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif I guess some people wouldn't mind it, but on a long drive I need to rest my arm somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i though no one ever used those cup holders /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

good job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hertz

Staff member
I would put my drink in the console, padded with various junk to keep it from moving fore/aft, and then could close the lid and keep my elbow on it. Tends to result in bent straws, but kept it out of the way when driving was more important than fountain Coke.

BoostedAWD91

i usually jam the cup between the center console and DS seat and so far it never moves or spills. I usually just buy drinks with caps on cause how shitty the cup holders are, but on the rare occasion i need one between the seat works great

The best cup holder location I have ever seen was on a Mazda MX-6, its on the driver's side near the door up near the steering wheel; totally out of the way, nothing else is there and right there when you need it! Amazing!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned