The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1051 upgradezzz v.jdmrearbumper

turbowop

All done. Painted, exhaust, and a dead alternator on my way back from taking these pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif At least I made it home. Must be all this hot weather coupled with the long drive to and from Seattle.

Anyway, the bumper turned out awesome. I wasn't sure about how much of a difference it would make aesthetically, but now that it's done I'm happy I did. Should have done it long ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif Getting those exhaust tips just right in the bumper cut-out was an interesting task. There's about an 1/8" on either side. Andre and I had to take the exhaust on and off and tack the new hanger like four times to get it just right. There was a little concern about whether or not it would be an issue with the tips that close to the bumper, but it was a 101degrees out yesterday on the 2hr drive home from PINAmotorsports and it didn't hurt it being that close, so it works out. I'm not sure if everybody will like the exhaust tips, but Andre and I both love them. His old exhaust was a similar setup and I wanted the same look. Fits well with the opening, IMO. Muffler is a Magnaflow 3" inlet with dual 2.5" outlets. I don't know what brand the tips are, but they're a nice double wall stainless. While I was there, I also had Andre fab me up a stainless intake tube to replace my black one. Now it matches the intercooler piping.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rock.gif

944a62845be2e71.jpg

944a62845c2610e.jpg

944a62845c57071.jpg

944a62845c7f18a.jpg

Woody

I love the way you pay attention to detail,that's a well put together gvr4.now i am having second thoughts about keeping my car, even though their is alot to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

CarRacer

There's something wrong with your fuel door. It still has a lock on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2of9

hotness. total hotness.......the heat i mean. lol. jk. JDM rear is lookin really nice. good stuff man.

turbowop

Quoting CarRacer:
There's something wrong with your fuel door. It still has a lock on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I knows. It'll be dealt with soon enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NateCrisman

Nice. Double nice. Inspiration! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

turbowop

Just wait, Nate. If you're anything like me, you'll never take your car out in the rain or snow. After that much time/energy/money is put into the car, you end up not wanting to dirty up all the stuff you spent so much time making nice and clean. Don't tell Luke, but I won't even park it in a WalMart parking lot for fear of door dings or runaway carts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif That said, your car is coming along nicely as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

Thanks, dudes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lonewolf64

I'm not a big fan of those style muffler tips, but I can't fault you for having a different taste than I have. As always, your car looks impeccable, especially with your new bumper. Keep up the good work Mark.

Brunoboy

whats the difference??? 0_o, really.....

Quoting Lonewolf64:
I'm not a big fan of those style muffler tips, but I can't fault you for having a different taste than I have. As always, your car looks impeccable, especially with your new bumper. Keep up the good work Mark.

Yeah I don't like the oval I think two circles would have looked better but hey....

The bumpers always look good.

Romanova

Mark, you still have functional A/C on your car?

Love the pics! Looks hot!

Great looking car nice job.. Sorry man don't like the muffer me thou I only like single tip..other than that job!!

deez

Damn sexy car! And are you selling the old black intake pipe? If so, I am looking for one.

I can see the 1st & last pictures but not the 2nd & 3rd.

EDIT: As soon as I posted & went back to view the thread the pictures showed up. Looks good. The rear bumper does take the car to the level where it should've been years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I like the dual tips, it tucked up really nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. Matching pipes looks good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts