The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Head Gasket and Timing Belt Advice?

I was wondering if someone could link me to a website near the mid-atlantic that's reputable and quality part.

My GVR4 has been sitting for three months, and time to rebuild her up. I need some recommendations as to which part to aim for.

1) Head Gasket, thicker? or stick with Mitsu MLS? Link me to a website that sells it cheap.
2) Timing Belt, what would you recommend?

Also looking in to rotors and pads deal, maybe cross-drilled and slotted?

Someone help me with some links, tired of just looking at eBay...

bustedsm

Mitsu MLS and stock timing belt. There is no need for anything more.

Don't forget headstuds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nate

Mitsu MLS will work just fine as long as the surfaces are free of imperfections, and flat. OEM timing belt is just fine for this.

Head studs are your choice.

Woody

mitsu Mls is a good headgasket and oem timing belt and a bs eliminator kit are good upgrades.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts