The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1990 oil filter housing, shorter bolt, proper length?

PJGross

Finally getting my '90 oil adapter setup on the galant. The "short" bolt I received from JNZ with the '90 housing last year is the same length as the one I took out of the same hole with the stock adapter. I haven't dry fit it yet and just screwed the bolt in b/c I didn't know what it bottoms out on. Anyone have a link to or know off hand the shorter bolt length? Also, a mitsu part # for it?

(yes, I did a search, just maybe not a good one)

Thanks,

PJ Gross

jepherz

Staff member
Sorry, I can't remember the exact length and I'm going totally off memory here, but....

I believe if you put all of the stock bolts in the stock housing, they will protrude beyond the mounting edge the same amount. When you transplant all of the stock bolts over to the '90 housing, one is longer because the surface where the head of the bolt hits the housing is shorter. Is that correct? If so, I just grabbed the correct length bolt from a hardware store that was short enough so the bolt stuck through the housing to the same plane as the other bolts.

Hope that helps!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts